Chapter 12

Angy flipped onto the next page of her jotter, blowing out a breath of frustration in the process. She drew her AP calculus textbook closer to herself and away from the other calculus textbooks, which she'd taken from the shelves in the house library, that surrounded her. She was arriving at a dead end. Each question she solved proved that, with her scribbled worksheets as evidence.

Groaning, she dropped her pen and leaned back against the shelf behind her. An exasperated breath left her in a deep sigh.

Angy chewed on her lip. She couldn't do this on her own and that fact was annoyingly glaring enough. She needed help, that much was certified. Trying to figure the concept had just pushed her closer and closer to the wall with no way out. Picking up the text book on her thighs, she lifted off her jotter from the ground, she started to head down the one place she wished didn't have to resort to but not before tidying up the other textbooks she'd taken out of the library shelves.

She rapped on the door softly and waited patiently for a response. The balls of her feet bounced against the ground, her hands holding her books close to her chest. Silence. She raised her hand to knock again, louder this time. An involuntary wince left her as the sound cut through the quiet hallway with a sharp, merciless echo.

"Who is it?" She heard a muffled voice float through the door.

"It's me." She replied quietly such that she doubted he heard her.

There were a few shuffles and shambled movements before the door was finally pulled open.

"Angy?"

Angy glanced up at Alex with a small smile. His eyes were half open and half closed with drowse. "Hi."

"What are you doing here?" He asked tiredly, rubbing traces of sleep off his eyes to stare down at Angy clearly.

Angy struggled to keep herself standing with the shiver Alex's deep, groggy voice sent down her spine, not to mention his unwavering, peering gaze. "I need your help."

His eyes shifted to the books in her hands. "At this ungodly hour of the night?"

She chewed down on her lip. "Nevermind. I'm sorry I woke you up." She said and with a tight lipped smile, she turned to leave.

Alex sighed. "Come in." He held the door open for her and watched her swirl to face him after which she walked into the room. He shut the door close after her and leaned against it, running his hand through his hair. "What do you need help with?"

"AP calculus AB." Angy held the books closer to herself. 'How did Alex manage to look so effortlessly handsome just out of bed?' Her intrusive thoughts invaded her mind for a brief moment while she subtly allowed her eyes to maneuver its way around his figure. His curly hair was sticking all around and about atop his head in a way that almost got her swooning. He still looked half asleep with a few buttons of his black and thin white stripped pyjamas shirt undone.

"At this time of the night?"

"Actually, it's morning." She mumbled under her breath.

"It's 2A.M Angy." He deadpanned, making her realize that he'd heard her.

"I can just leave, Al." She sighed, staring up at him from where she stood, a couple of feet away from where he was standing at the door. She was aware of how much Alex loved his sleep and apparently she was an intrusion to his precious sleep.

How could he refuse her when those adorable doey eyes of hers stared at him in that cute manner? More so, he'd already let her in so he might as well deal with it. Shutting his eyes close, he tugged at his curls and groaned aloud.