Chapter Twenty-three

TYSON'S POV

"Mom, I did it." Was the first thing I said as I walked into my house on Monday morning.

My mom turns away from the stove and raises her perfect eyebrow at me. "You did everything that I told you to do?"

I nod my head looking down as she lets out a sigh of relief as she walks over to me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I know you didn't want to do it, but honey you need to understand that this is what is best for you."

I nod my head biting my lip. I knew if I said what I wanted to, I know it would lead into another argument with my mom like it did last time.

It's been two days since I first told Aaliyah to get rid of our baby, which I didn't want. I want her to keep the baby and I hope she does.

It wasn't something that I wanted to do, but my mom was so keen on me to do it. She claimed it would keep me in the bloodline and all that and I didn't want to risk that.

I keep telling myself that it's what's best for the baby, but I know I hurt Aaliyah more than I hurt me.

I want to be in my baby's life and I didn't want to do what I did, but like I said. My mom made me.

"I'm going to go do my homework now. I'll see you at dinner." I say pulling away from the hug as my mom nods her head.

"Just make sure you don't study too much. We don't want it affecting your football."

I wanted to say that my studying doesn't affect my football like she claims it does but I don't fight her on it and nod my head before walking up to my room.

When I'm safely in my room, and away from all of my family, I sit down on my bed on the edge and reach into my pocket.

I stare down the little image that I found in my locker today of my baby.

It was so small that you could barely tell. The head was so small that it was the size of my pinkie.

Just staring at that image, I knew that I loved them already. They were mine and I want them, but I can't.