12.

-
It was midnight, and baylen lay in bed wide awake. Lola was sleeping by the end of his bed. She was with Dylan for a while before she came with baylen.

Baylen was asleep for a while, but he didn't sleep much. He felt slightly better having Lola with him, but he couldn't sleep.

It was like something was crawling inside of his stomach. It was anxiety. He knew what anxiety felt like, but he didn't know why he was anxious.

He slept just fine at the hospital, but now he couldn't sleep in his own room. He should be fine.

His Papa had upgraded the security system and made sure all the windows and doors were locked.

Heck, there were security cameras all over the house, but still baylen couldn't help but be anxious.

He sighed, and he pulled the covers off of himself. Lola woke up and looked at him. He grabbed his pillow and blanket.

"Come on, Lola." The two walked out of his room and carefully down the stairs. He only went a floor down before he walked into the hallway and entered Dylan's room.

Dylan was asleep with the nightlight. Baylen put the pillow on the carpet floor before he laid down and pulled the blanket on himself.

Lola laid down next to him, and baylen felt the anxiety in his stomach leave. His eyes slowly close. He felt Lola laying her head on his stomach before he drifted off to sleep.
- -

"You think he's scared?" Cassie questioned, glancing at Billy and stu. They were standing by Dylan's bedroom.

"He would say something, right?" Stu questioned, and Billy slightly scoffed ,"we know bay. He wouldn't tell anyone what's bothering him. He doesn't worry about himself, remember last time? He didn't tell us he was sick and we only found out because he passed out due to a high fever."

"It cause everyone else was sick, and he wanted us to focus on them." Cassie mumbled

They watched as baylen turned in his sleep, practically laying on top of his broken arm, which woke up.

"Ow." He mumbled, and Lola wagged her tail, licking his face.

"Morning, Lola." Baylen mumbled , "Hey, your arm, alright?" Startled, baylen looked over at his parents.

"Yeah, just hurts since I laid on it." Baylen replied. He rubbed his eyes.

"Hey, you know that you could talk to us, right?" Stu told him as the three of them walked into the room.

"Yeah, I know." Baylen said, petting Lola, who turned on her bell for belly rubs.

"Then talk to us, bay." Billy told him, and baylen sighed.

"I'm fine, I just.. I just get anxious about being in my room at night. I know there's nothing to worry about, but.." Baylen shrugged

"Seriously, I'm fine. What's for breakfast? I'm hungry," baylen questioned

His parents shared a look. "We're making pancakes."
- -

Baylen sat on the couch in complete boredom with a TV remote in hand. He decided to just watch the Simpsons.

As he was watching the Simpsons, his eyes slowly closed, drifting back to sleep.

"Hey, bay, what do you want for lunch?" Startled, baylen almost jumped out of the couch.

"Oh, dad. You scared me," baylen breathed out, stu looked at him worried.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Stu questioned, and baylen nodded, "uh-huh, I was just dozing off. What is it that you asked me again?"

"What do you want for lunch?" Stu questioned, and baylen shrugged, "um, spaghetti?"

Stu nodded ,"Yeah, I could do that. Um, you get some rest, alright?"

Baylen nodded ,"I will, thanks, dad."

-----------------------------

Word count - 604

Hope you enjoy!