20.

-

Baylen was tired. Well, not psychically, but tired of constantly being treated like some baby that needs to be watched every single second.

Sure, Baylen was acting like a paranoid guy, but that was his problem. Everyone should just mind their own business, especially his parents.

He understands they're worried about him, and they want to keep him safe, but Baylen was tired of it.

He wanted to be some normal teenager who goes out, has some fun, and he just wanted to feel normal again.

Usually, going out wasn't his thing. He would usually stay at home and watch horror movies, but baylen was sick of being inside of the house and in the police station.

Speaking of the police station, he was currently in the police station, sitting in his father's office as usual.

"Can I hang out with Tara and her friends later? I heard they were going to watch some movie." Baylen spoke up, lifting his head from his phone.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Billy replied, not even glancing up as he looked through case files.

"Why not? I'll be with Tara and her friends, I'll be fine." Baylen told him, turning his phone off.

Billy sighed, lifting his head and looking at baylen. "Bay, don't agrue with me on this."

Baylen clicked his tongue, a small chuckle leaving him, and Billy noticed his behavior.

This wasn't like baylen to act like this.

"Whatever." Baylen muttered under his breath, and he stood up,

"Where are you going?" Billy questioned, and baylen rolled his eyes, "bathroom, gosh, can't I go to the bathroom without you and everyone else asking so many questions?" Baylen asked before he walked out of the office.

Billy watched him as he left, and he was worried. Baylen never acted this way before, but at the same time, he was expressing himself more, which he didn't use to do.

They did want baylen to express himself more and be like a normal teen.

Billy sighed, so why did it feel like something was wrong with baylen?

- -

Baylen met his own eyes in the mirror. He leaned forward a bit and noticed just how pale he looked.

His hair was a mess, his eyes had dark circles underneath them, and skin was pale, but that wasn't what caught his attention.

His eyes seemed different. He couldn't figure out what it was, but there was something different in his eyes.

He titled his head to the side, slowly blinking.

An arm was wrapped around his torso, and the other around his shoulders, a head rested on his shoulder.

Baylen was staring at himself, or a version of himself. This one was different.

He was paler than him, the dark circles under his eyes looked like eyeliner, and his hair was messy, but he had bangs that almost covered his eyes, but it just stopped above his eyelashes.

That wasn't what caught his attention. It was the smile on his face.

A hand gently cupped his chin and turned his head to the side.

"Papa doesn't have to know..." The other whispered in his ear, "but hurry, the clock is ticking..."

Baylen feet moved before his mind could progress it. He was climbing out of the bathroom window and jumped down to the alley.

"Run.."

His feet moved first, and it slowed at first before he started to speed up, running.

His veins were filled with adrenaline, and his heart hammered in his chest full of adrenaline and excitement.

A smile appeared on his face, and he let out a small laugh as he ran. He didn't know where he was going, but it felt nice.

This felt nice.

The other him was running beside him, and baylen felt himself more himself than he's ever felt.

After a while, he stopped running, bending down, propping his hands on his knees.

He let out a small laugh before he let himself fall to the ground, laughing. Like just full-on laughing.

He was in some abandoned baseball field, so nobody was around but him...and the other him.

His phone started to ring, and he paused his laughter, a few chuckles escaping him, and he pulled out his phone, seeing his papa calling him.

"Sorry, Papa." Baylen laughed, shutting off his phone so they wouldn't track it, and so they wouldn't bother him.

Baylen paused his laughter once more as he saw an old battered baseball bat.

Intrigued, he stood up and went over, grabbing it with his good arm and swinging it around a few times.

"Destory..." A whisper, "kill.."

A grin appeared on baylen's face and swung the bat to his shoulder, resting it there for a minute.

"Kill... I like the sound of that."

-------------------
Word count - 796

Sorry for the late update, hoped you enjoyed!