𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

We almost at 100k ayee, I gotta ask if this your first time reading something by me what made you read? & if you been reading my books I'll ask instead which is your fav so far?

Check in 🫡

𝗝𝗔𝗡𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟭𝟬𝗧𝗛 — 𝟦:𝟥𝟪𝗉𝗆

Zainab footsteps were heard as she came up the steps with some snacks in her hand, making her way back to Quadir's room.

Soon entering the bedroom, she looked around seeing the uno cards sitting idly on the bed still as they were when she first left out.

Seeing her shadow from his bed, she quickly turned seeing the big closet light on as Quadir occupied it.

"You still in here?" Zay spoke first, going into the walk in closet with his back turned to her before he eventually turned, making eye contact with one another and seeing him still on the phone.

It was about four in the afternoon, yet it was already starting to get dark out because of daylight savings making it appear later than it actually was.

It also appeared to be raining a lot this week, especially today when quaddy picked up Zainab when she was stuck downtown.

Usually Zainab pays for parking so her car won't get towed.. however, when the job she worked at decided to bump up parking fees monthly almost up 100$, she knew damn well she wasn't paying for that so she did the next thing.

The building she worked at, a train station was literally a block away and she'd been getting on the train for about two or three stops til she'd get off and make her way to her car parked next to the station and make her way home from there.

She could have paid that large fee every month, yet the stubbornness in her would not let her do that what's so over, so this was her next best thing as she settled for just getting public transportation for only 5-10 minutes out of her day to save her coin.

It only came to bite her in the ass on days like this when it decided to rain, and she'd have to be caught in the rain as she had to walk to get on the train after work.

Zay had her jacket and umbrella so she wasn't complaining that much, trying to withstand the rain as she pushed to the station.. it was only when she got there, her shoes and bottom complete soaked only to be told the train wasn't raining because of an apparent murder underground with someone getting pushed onto the tracks and getting struck by a train right after.

Learning the news, in true Philadelphian form.. people weren't upset at the murderer doing the dirty deed but that the whole situation happened involving the train that they needed to get on to get home.

Police shut the station down to investigate and zay had no choice but to walk back to her job, the powerful wind testing her luck even more by breaking her umbrella she was using and getting soaked in the process as she made her way back.