𝓿. family dinner friday , pt.1

CHAPTER FIVE!
family dinner friday , pt.1
written12.6.23  |  not-proofread

ALEXIS SAT AT THE TABLE, LISTENING to Embry and Paul set the table while Jared and Nel helped Emily with the food

ALEXIS SAT AT THE TABLE, LISTENING to Embry and Paul set the table while Jared and Nel helped Emily with the food. Sam was out on patrol but he had promised he'd be back for dinner. Alexis grew up knowing about the werewolves and vampires in the town due to the 'No secrets' rule at the Uley residence. Emily had made that rule when the group became the group. She had made it so that the group had a place where they could be their true selves and feel comfortable talking about their feelings in a healthy way.

"Coming through!" Jacob's voice made Alexis look up from her book watching as two tan blobs walked up to the table. "Hey Alexis. Seth's here" Jacob patted Alexis's shoulder. The Uley girl smiled as she heard someone sit next to her.

"Hey, Seth!" Alexis grinned as she turned in her seat. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming to family dinner earlier?"

"I didn't even know I was coming until about twenty minutes ago. Jacob just told me to dress nice and get in his car." Seth chuckled as Jacob glared at him.

"Way to throw me under the bus, Seth," Jacob grumbled making a few people laugh. "Where is Sam?" Jacob looked around but didn't see the strong man.

"He's working late tonight. He'll be back soon." Emily smiled as she walked into the small dining room. Sure they had the 'No Secrets' rule, but the family and the elders agreed that it would be best if the boys found out about the secret when they finally phased. Thankfully the boys kept their mouths shut when they phased. And sure, Alexis felt bad about keeping the very important secret from the boys she considered her brothers but she listened to Sam and kept the information in. "Speak of the devil."

"Hey sorry. There was a lot of traffic." Sam sighed as he took off his jacket and hung it on the coat rack. "Hello, my loves." Sam smiled as he walked over to the two most important girls in his life, kissing both of their cheeks. "Alright! Let's get this dinner started." Everyone cheered making Sam laugh. Paul, Embry, and Nel pulled up chairs as Jared and Sam helped Emily bring out the food. "It smells good." Sam kissed Emily making everyone else 'boo' at them, Nel even throwing a small piece of bread at them.

Nel's eyes widened as the bread smacked Sam in the face. The leader of the pack slowly looked over at Nel making her slide her chair out. "Nel run!" Paul yelled before Nel took off out the door, Sam not far behind her. Everyone quickly made their way outside, watching as Nel ran around the yard, Sam following behind her.

"Stop! Leave me alone! I'm sorry!" Nel screamed as she ran into the forest. The group who watched laughed, Alexis, leaning into the boy next to her, who happened to be Seth, as her stomach started to hurt from laughing so hard.

"Oh, my stomach!" Emily laughed as she leaned onto the door frame, Jacob was leaning against one of the support beams, while Paul and Jared yelled for Nel to run faster. A few minutes later Sam walked out of the forest, Nel hanging over his shoulder yelling at him. Seth was grinning but not for the reason everyone thought, as Seth watched everyone laugh around him he was smiling because he felt as though he found somewhere where he belonged. Everyone had their own little thing about them that made the group work. Paul was a hothead, Jared was the jokester, Embry was the empath, Nel was the personal comedian, Jacob was sarcastic, Alexis was the quiet one who was always smiling, Emily was the 'mother' who made sure everyone was comfortable and fed, and then Sam was the 'father' who always roughhoused with the teens. It was a true family, and Seth admired that.

"Okay! Okay! Put Nel down and let's go eat. I'm starving!" Emily called out to her fiancé. Nel let out a groan as Sam set her - dropped her - on the ground and made his way inside.

"I'm good! I'm okay!" Nel held her stomach with one arm and gave a thumbs up with her other hand. Everyone chucked and walked inside while Alexis waited outside for the girl. "I swear, he's like one giant boulder." Alexis let out one final chuckle before walking into the house with Nel guiding her to her seat.