53

The weekend with Alex was pure joy. I don't think we even left the bedroom.

We watched some movies, we had food ordered, we talked about childhood stuff, we had sex... a lot of sex.

Monday morning I left her house with a heavy heart. I had to, I have my obligations to the shelter, I didn't come for almost a week and I'm missing those beautiful souls that we are caring for.

"It's nice to see you, Cara." Linda greeted me as soon as I entered inside.

"You too, Lin. How's everybody?" I smiled at her and joined her in preparing the breakfast for the animals.

"Good news, 4 dogs got adopted last week and 1 cat." My smile grew wider.

"That is good news, indeed."

We started with our routine for breakfast, played a little, and cuddled more. I really did miss these angels.

 On my way to the office, excitement is all I feel.

Excited to see Alex and work closely with her. We haven't finished the documents that we needed to sort out in her office and thinking that it'll be us inside, excites the hell out of me.

It was fairly early when I arrived at the building, the four receptionist turned their heads when they heard my heels clacking on the tiled floor.

I really can't tell what those stares mean but I still greeted them good morning. One of them smiled timidly and the others were just staring, I think I even saw one of them raising her eyebrows.

What's their problem? I asked myself.

As soon as I reached the 9th floor and the elevator door opened, all of my colleagues were staring at me, including the interns.

Seriously?

I tried to ignore all of them but my insides were fuming.

"What?" I scoffed at all of them mid-way to my seat.

Some were probably shocked as I never raised my voice to any of them. But it was early in the morning and all I was receiving was a judging stare from all of them.

Some of them went back to what they were doing, some still stared at me with their judging eyes, some even smirked before withdrawing their gaze.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

I looked at Alex's office, , her light was still off so she was still not there. 

I put my stuff in my drawer before opening my laptop. Checked my emails, replied, and read some more when Lisa approached me.

"So... Are you still our colleague or you will be our Boss soon?"

I looked at Lisa dumbfoundedly.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked her with my brows furrowed.

"You know, you were seen sitting with the families of the owners the other day in the hotel, so many of us concluded that you and Sir Brian are already official." She pulled the chair and sat beside me.

"What?" I shut my eyes tightly, not believing what I just heard.

"Are you not?" Lisa asked, doubtful can be heard in her voice.

"We are so not! Who even started that??" I know my voice rose when some of our colleagues looked our way but I didn't even care.

"Well..." Lisa stuttered, obviously scared. "A lot of people, I mean, you were very close with them and Ms. Williams. The whole trip, you didn't even join any of us."

I stared blankly at Lisa.

It's true though. I didn't even hang out with any of them.

But before I could respond to her, I heard a clacking sound of heels and both Lisa and I followed where it was coming from.

There's Alex just came out of the elevator.

Her gaze fixated on me with a hint of a smile playing on her lips. I don't think she even noticed Lisa beside me.

"Aren't you supposed to be in my office, Ms. Greene?" She said in her alluring voice.

"I'll talk to you later." I whispered to Lisa before I stood up and went to Alex's office. Alex came in following me.

"Why do I always find that girl either sitting or standing next to you?"  Alex said as soon as she closed the door behind her.

"Who? Lisa?" I stopped in the middle of her office.

"Whatever her name is." She put her purse down on the couch and to my surprise, she snaked he arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her.

I could smell her shower gel along with her perfume which intoxicated me and her minty breath that drew me in every time. That's how close I am to her.

"She's..." And even before I could say something, she pulled me more and smashed her lips to mine.

"Good morning." She whispered, our lips still touching, our noses brushing to each other. "I missed you already." Both her arms are on my waist, hugging me.

"I left your house just a couple of hours ago." I told her smiling, completely forgotten what Lisa said.

"I know, but it feels like days. Don't you feel that?"

I pretended to look away and think.

"Seriously?" she asked with a hint of threat in her voice.

"Shouldn't we start working, Ms. Williams?" I teased her.

"Hmmm... Do you know, you, calling my name like that turns me on?" Alex closed her eyes, her nose brushing still on mine.

"Is it now?" I tilted my head a bit, my lips reaching hers.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Hearing those three knocks on the door, my chest pounded loudly, Alex freed me fast and even pushed me a little bit just in time when the door opened.

David came in and his eyes focused on both of us, looking at us alternately.

"Did you get what I mean, Ms. Greene?" Alex said with her emotionless tone.

"Y-Yes, Yes, Ms. Williams." I managed to respond when I got what she was doing.

"Then, do it now!" Her voice rose and made me jump a little. I know it was a pretend as we were almost caught but it still startled me.

I turned my back on them and started sorting the files. I have no idea what I was doing but I just started to take some folders and put them on the other side of the floor.

"Umm, these are the documents that needed attention urgently. And these are the new proposals that need to be sent out today." I heard David said.

"Okay, thanks. I'll check them out and let you know."

When I heard the door open and closed, I turned to see Alex.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to..." I pecked her on the lips and didn't let her finish.

"I know and it's fine."

"I'm sorry."

"Shhhhh..."

I hugged her and felt her face resting on my shoulder.

"I love you." I heard her whisper.

"How could you not be?"

__________________________________

Hello, my lovely and funny readers, I set up a ko-fi account, so if you want to treat me, send me a gift, or simply motivate me, please feel free to visit my page: Ko-fi.com/lunamarcelo :)

Follow me on IG as well: LunaMarcel0

Thank youuuu for always supporting my work, I'm reading all your comments and I love how invested you are in the story :)