𝟶𝟸. Santa Claus?!

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

After dinner, the Calvins headed back home and Charlie was feeling less festive then before. Noelle held Charlie's hand as she lead him up the stairs and towards his room, she left him to change into his pyjamas while she slipped into her own Christmas themed pyjamas; snowflakes and snowmen. She made her way into Charlie's room and spotted their father settling onto the chair by his bed with a book. "A story?" Charlie asked. "A poem," Scott corrected as Noelle leaned against the wall. "T'was the night before Christmas. While out on the lawn, there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter--" Scott stopped as Charlie spoke, "What's that?"

Noelle smiled as Scott furrowed his brows, "What's what?" Charlie looked from Noelle to their dad, "A rose suchak ladder. What is it?" Noelle grinned at Charlie's misunderstanding, she raised her brow at their dad expecting an answer. "Not a ladder. A clatter, a big noise. It means, there came a big noise," Scott explained to Charlie who frowned as he processed the words. "Time for you to go to sleep, Sport," Scott told him. "But how do reindeers fly? They don't have any wings," Charlie asked in wonder. "Fairy dust," Scott answered shortly. "That's peter pan, Dad," Charlie replied to him with a huff.

"Horns," Scott said before Noelle spoke up, "Antlers!" Scott looked at her before shaking his head, "Whatever. Their antlers give them... You know, there's a slipstream effect. The air goes... they move... they're weightless." Noelle laughed as she moved to sit on the edge of Charlie's bed. "They fly with the magic of Christmas, Bud. With every believer of Christmas, the power is stronger. No one knows why this magic lives but it does," Noelle explained to her brother the same thing their grandmother told her when she was young. "But if Santa's so fat, how did he get down the chimney?" Charlie asked next, he was satisfied with Noelle's answer.

"He sucks it in like grandpa," Scott answers him making Noelle roll her eyes with a smile. "What about people who don't have fireplaces? How does he get into their house?" Charlie asked next. "Charlie, sometimes believing in something means you... Means you just believe in it. Santa uses reindeer to fly because that's how he has to get around," Scott explained to him. "But you do believe in Santa, right, Dad?" Charlie questioned him with doe-like eyes. "Yes, Sport, I do," Scott answered him with a firm tone. Charlie's eyes fall shut, "Then we'd better leave some cookies and milk for him. Just in case..." Noelle giggled, "I'm already on it, bud." Charlie grinned at that while Scott left the room.