𝟶𝟹. The North Pole

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Noelle and Charlie were smiling and shouting in glee as the reindeers pulled the sleigh through the sky while Scott had climbed into the front seat. It wasn't long till they landed on a roof that wasn't their own, Noelle and Charlie turned to their father with expectant expressions. "Well, we made go time. Now what do we do?" Scott asked them. "Get the bag of toys!" Noelle answered him. "And do what?" Scott asked his daughter with raised brows. "Go down the chimney!" Charlie told him like it was the most obvious option he had. "Down the chimney? You want me to take the toys down the chimney into a strangers house in my underwear?" Scott asked incredulously.

"No. You got to put the suit on first," Charlie told him as Noelle leaned forward and ruffled her brother's hair. "You know what we're gonna do... we're gonna get out of here because this whole thing is stupid!" Scott exclaimed to his children. "How come everything we want to do is stupid?! You never do anything we ask nor do you spend time with us!" Noelle snapped, her usual joy was gone and it was a sight not many saw, nor was it a sight Charlie or Scott liked to see. "I didn't say that, Ellie. I..." Scott trailed off seeing the sadness in his children's eyes.

Scott let out an annoyed grunt, "Freezing my nubs off out here... And you want me to get into a Santa costume. This is great... a Santa costume. Oh, this thing. You never know where it's been. A thousand malls." Noelle giggled as her father rambled passionately about his situation. "Well, I hope you're happy, Comet. Hope you're happy," Scott said towards the reindeer leading the sleigh. "Someone has a favourite," Noelle whispered to her brother who smiled and turned to her, "Don't you favour Dasher already?" Noelle held her finger to her lips with a cheeky wink that makes Charlie grin.

"But most of all, I hope the guy that lives here is a talior!" Scott shouted as he pulled on the waistline of the pants revealing how baggy they were. "Nice coat," Scott complimented as he pulled on the Santa coat. "Well, how do I look? Nice?" Scott asked his children. "You forgot the sash," Noelle said as she held it out to him. "You're right. This completes the ensemble," Scott replied sarcastically as he tied the sash around him completing the outfit. "All right. Got my boots. Now I've got this suit on. How am I supposed to know what to leave?" Scott asked, Noelle shrugged cluelessly.