𝟶𝟼. A Beautiful Voice

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

As much as Noelle adored her little brother, he did have a habit of not understanding the concerns adults held over an eight-year-old boy rambling about his father being the new Santa Claus and his sister being the Spirit of Christmas. When Scott had told her about Charlie's parent's day, she had been upset over the fact that Charlie just wanted to show off his father's amazing new job ─ No matter how much he denied it ─ but it only resulted in being called into the principal's office along with the concerns of Neal and Laura about Charlie staying with Scott and Noelle.

However, all of this aside, Noelle had a bright smile on her face as she walked into her job at the diner in her elf costume for the season. "You seem cheery, Elle," Mrs Mason spoke as she leaned against the counter, she owned the diner and adored all of her workers. "Well, I've been feeling extra joyful recently," Noelle expressed to her as she moved behind the counter before heading into the kitchen to prepare to do some baking for the day. "Could it have anything to do with a boy?" Jasper, the cook asked with a grin on his face. "Uh, not quite," Noelle muttered catching Jasper, Mrs Mason and Lisa's attention.

"You've met a boy?!" Lisa cheered with a smile, she grinned up at Noelle from where she was sitting. "I, uh... Was walking through the park and we bumped into each other. And well, I took notice of his unique clothes and couldn't help but spark up a conversation and we kind of... talked for hours," Noelle lied to them, she couldn't tell them that she met Bernard at the North Pole or that they had spent the night before talking this the sun rose after he had magically teleported to her home. "Oh my, he sounds like a sweetheart," Mrs Mason cheered. "He is," Noelle whispered sweetly.

"You're falling for him!" Lisa shrieked in delight, she never thought the day would come when Noelle met someone who saw the real girl. "I, uh, I wouldn't say that... I mean... Lisa! We have a number to do!" Noelle grabbed Lisa's hand and dragged her out into the main room where a lot of kids were waiting for them. "We ready?" Lisa asked Noelle who nodded, the two walked up to the stage where Santa's throne sat. Lisa immediately stepped forward and began singing the song that Noelle had written, the two smiling as the kids cheered for them; And hidden in the corner of the diner was Bernard watching in awe.