Chapter 35: the plan

Brennen

~~~~~~~~

We won our game, yay. I couldn't even enjoy the victory, my mind was racing with thoughts about Jules and Norah. It was eating me alive. I walk with Chris to his car, we get in and drive in silence back home.

"Alright, rant to me." He says, breaking the silence.

I look at him as he focuses on the road ahead.

"I miss my sister and my girlfriend." I tell him.

He chuckles.

"Not funny, Christopher." I say.

"The three of you need time to figure shit out, man. It won't just fall into place that easily." He explains.

"It did for Jake and Lily, and Taylor and Garrett." I say.

"Jake and Lily went through shit too. And Taylor and Garrett went through hell and back, man." He explains.

I sigh, I knew he had a point but I wished he didn't.

"But I didn't want that for me and Jules." I admit.

"Well it is, and you gotta accept that. They're both hurting just as much as you." He says.

I look at him and smile.

"You're pretty good at giving advice, Chris. I didn't think you could actually have a serious conversation." I laugh.

"You're so funny." He rolls his eyes.

I chuckle and smile at him.

I loved Chris, I knew that Jake and Garrett were close, but I was glad Chris was here. He always knew how to make you smile when you're upset. That's what it's like to be his friend, you'll never feel down around him.

We finally got home, and I felt a little better after my talk with Chris. I grabbed my hockey gear from his car just as the front door opened to reveal my sister carrying out bags and a suitcase.

"Norah?" I ask as she walks over to Garrett's car.

She ignores me as Garrett walks out and opens the trunk for her. She starts putting her bags inside and I stand there like an idiot.

"Norah, what the hell are you doing?" I snap.

She finally looks at me, "I'm going home." She says.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

She rolls her eyes as Taylor walks up to her with another bag.

"Stop." I say as I grab the bag from Taylor.

I look at Norah and see her glaring at me.

"Give it back, Brennen." She says.

"So you were just gonna leave? Without saying a word?" I ask.

"Okay, We're gonna go inside." Taylor says as she grabs Garrett's arm and drags him back inside.

"I have nothing to say to you." She tells me.

"Fine, forget about me, what about Jules?" I question.

"The only person who wants to talk to her is you, so just go." She snaps.

"She's your best friend, Norah. You can't just leave without saying goodbye!" I yell.

"I don't want to see her, Brennen!" She yells back.