Chapter 3

‖ V A L E N C I A ‖

The bed I slept in is probably one of the most comfortable things I've ever lied on. Or even one of the first actual beds I've slept on since I was a kid.

Jenny, my foster mother was terrible. She's the only foster mother I've ever had but she left me real traumatized. That's why I decided to stay at an orphanage. Well that wasn't much better either.

I was still lying on my bed, taking in the peace when there was a knock on my door. 

"Yes?" I asked, loud enough so whoever was behind the door would hear.

"It's time for breakfast, dear. Mr. D'Angelo asked me to call you down for breakfast" someone - I'm guessing the maid - said.

"Uh, okay. I'll be down in a bit" I have no idea the goddamn kitchen even is. "Actually, could you wait for me, I don't know where the kitchen is."

"Sure."

I went into the bathroom to do my business before walking out of the room. Like I had requested, the maid was waiting outside of my door.

"What's your name?" I asked when we started walking down the hallway.

"I'm Clarence. I was assigned to take care of you for the three months that you're here and make sure you're comfortable," she explained. She was talking as if she knew I wouldn't be staying after the 3 months is over.

Whatever, maybe she's right.

"Cool" I said, not knowing what else to say. To say I was an awkward person was an understatement.

"Would you like a tour of the place?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Great, I'll show you around tomorrow." As she finished talking, we arrived  at some double doors. These people are really fucking loaded is they have double doors inside of double doors.

"Here's the dining room and the kitchen is right next door" she said, pointing at another door.

I nodded. As soon as she opened the doors, all eyes turned to us.

She walked in with me but when I was inside, she left. I sat down as far away from them as possible. I was not feeling social and I quite literally don't wanna do this sibling bullshit right now.

I know they'd be fine without me since they were having a lot of fun but when I came in, they all quieted down.

"Valencia, I would like for you to meet your siblings. 6 brothers, including me and your sister. Introduce yourselves, youngest to eldest. Include your age," the guy from yesterday said. Clearly he's the oldest since he's the one giving orders.

"Uh hi. I'm Alessia, your... sister and I'm uh the same age as you are so 15" she was hesitating. Why? 

I nodded at her. I'm just gonna assume the eldest had told everyone who I am when he told them I was gonna live here for some time.

"Cassio, 16." I'm not a person to  judge too quickly but this guy seems like a bitch.

"Matteo, 17."

"Valentino, 17."

"Theodore, 18."

These four seem like the people I'm gonna avoid at all cost. I'll just try to live these three months drama-free.

"Hey, I'm Domenico your second eldest brother. I'm 25" he seems nice. And kind of like humble, if you know what I mean.

"I'm your eldest brother, 28" at least he didn't give a two word answer like the other four, not including Domenico of course.