Chapter 5

‖ A L E X A N D E R ‖

I didn't know what to feel about this whole situation. Alessia wasn't our sister by blood and it was hard to accept that.

But deep down, I knew she was still our sister, even if not by blood.

I knew my younger brothers would feel guilty if they were to be happy with Valencia. They'd feel guilty towards Alessia.

I wasn't going to start telling them to treat Valencia well because then it wouldn't be genuine. I wanted them to make her feel at home on their own accord.

I knew they'd end up regretting their actions when she left. I didn't want her to leave but her living with people that treat her terribly will just break my heart. I was starting to care about her, the same way I cared about Alessia and all my brothers.

Which also meant I only wanted what's best for her and her living in this toxic environment where she wasn't treated well, didn't sit well with me. I wanted her to be happy and she was not gonna be happy here if my brothers keep treating her the way they do.

But if they did start realizing their mistakes before the three months is up and if she does decide to stay, I'd be really proud of my siblings.

Winter holiday was coming around pretty soon which means we'll be visiting the rest of the family. I wasn't sure of how they would react but I'll just have to hope for the best.

I continued working on the papers concerning the legal business until my phone started ringing.

It was Cassio. "What?"

"So you know how you asked us to pick up Valencia with us? Well, she actually left on her bike and went to some coffee shop down the road" She's gonna cost me my life someday.

"Go in there and bring her home home" I demanded. Maybe this will help the process.

"Do we really have to?" he asked.

"Yes. Go or you're grounded" I knew threatening them wasn't the best decision but seeing my brothers not even talking to Valencia was enough for me to try and at least help them with the process a bit.

"Fine" he spat and hung up.

I sighed, putting the phone down. These were gonna be a long three months.

‖ D O M E N I C O ‖

I've always had this little feeling, buried deep in me that Alessia was not our actual sister. She doesn't look like any of us and dad used to say that when he first saw her, she had our mother's eyes but when he saw her the next time, those eyes were gone.

He was always on and on about how weird that was and none of us brothers had anything like that happen to us but then he shrugged it off.

Of course Alessia wasn't any less of a sister to us. She'll always be a sister to us. Even with Valencia here with us.

When I saw her for the first time, I knew Dad was right.  Dad didn't imagine the eyes. They were there but some mistake happened and they switched places. 

I doubt that it was made by anyone intentionally since no one outside the family actually knew about the birth date or place. 

Back then, we didn't have a medical wing yet so mom had to give birth at a hospital. To be fair, it was a private hospital.

The weird thing was that Valencia was not from a rich Family. She was from an average home. It confused me a lot. Were the people she lived with not Alessia's parents.