Blades To Blades (Fulton Reed X OC)

Quick note,

This will not be a xReader, I would love to make it one but the characteristics are too specific. I don't think they would be like anyone. So it's an OC, which I'm not the biggest fan of but hey, that's what my brain wants. Their gender will be concealed at first but just so you know Logan Milan is a girl.

Also, I know nothing about either version of hockey. I've played field hockey like twice and a weird mixture of the two a few times. If I get anything wrong about either please tell me. Even if it's just terminology.

---------------------

I'm on the ice, in full gear, practising my shooting, I see a shadow out of the corner of my eye. I look over. "It's just the coach." I think to myself. I wave at him, he waves back.

Turning back to the goal, I swing my stick hard towards the puck. It skips across the ice a few times before going into the net. I cringe, before remembering that it's fine in ice hockey.

"Logan, this is not field hockey, the puck is allowed to leave the ground." I say to myself softly, shaking my head.

I shoot a few more times before I hear a group of people come in, all talking amongst themselves before halting. I look over at them, where coach Bombay now stands as well. He waves me over as the group walks onto the ice.

I skate over and stop next to coach. I stand watching them as they look at me confused.

"Coach, who is this and why are they on our ice?" Averman asks.

"This, everybody, is your new teammate, Logan Milan. A forward. Best in field hockey for their region all the way from Australia." Coach says gesturing to me.

"But Australians don't play ice hockey." Guy asks confused.

"They do, but I said field hockey. Logan is quite new at our kind of hockey. Please be patient. Now gear up and split into two teams." Coach says.

They do so, I join one side and coach blows his whistle to begin play. I feel like I'm being left out but I try not to mind. 'I need to practice skating fast anyway.' I think.

After a while coach calls out for someone to pass to me. I get the puck and start to run it down but get stopped and cornered against the wall by one of the opposing members.

"Good try newbie. But ice hockey is way different." He says trying to hit the puck away from me.

I pause and look up at him smiling. "Well, I'm sure a strong handsome man like you could tell me all about it after the game." I say, flirting to mess with him.

I touch his chest lightly and he steps back stunned. I smirk and swiftly get the puck out of there. I push it till I get a clean line to the goal, hitting it as it flies past the goalie's feet.

I hear a mix of cheers and groans before the whistle is blown. Coach calls us in. "Good job Averman, you let him pass you." I hear as I skate past them.

"Uh, yeah... sorry." He says still confused. I laugh shaking my head.

Everyone skates over to coach and takes off their helmet. "Good practice team. And you did amazingly Logan." Coach says. Everyone turns to look at me as I take off my helmet. I shake my short hair out with my fingers and look around.

"Oh thank god, she's a girl." I hear the kid I messed with say in relief.

I hear a few "whoa"s and the girls on the team fist pump the air.

I chuckle. "Uh, yeah. I'm a girl." I look at them faining confusion.

Coach chuckles too before asking for everyone's attention once more. He goes over some stuff before saying practice is finished for the day.

Everyone skates off the rink to start packing up. I sit on a bench to take off my skates when the team all come up to me.

"I'm really glad you're a chick because that would have been weird. Good job though." Averman says shaking my hand.

I shake it back. "Yeah, sorry about that. I needed to prove myself, needed that goal." I say. He nods and walks off.

I get pats on the back, handshakes and praises from the team as they introduce themselves. 'I guess I'm officially welcomed.' I think.

I watch as everyone walks into the locker room before turning around to see one last team member. "Hey!" I say looking up at him.

He smiles softly, walking in front of me. "Hey, I'm Fulton. Or at least that's what it says on my jersey." He jokes holding his hand out.

"Well, it's good to meet you Fulton." I say shaking his hand and smiling up at him.

"You did really well out there, you sure you're new to ice hockey?" He asks.

"Heh, yeah. Thanks though. Field hockey is actually quite different. I'm still getting used to all the rule differences. Especially the full contact." I explain.

"You played hockey with no contact?" He asks surprised.

"Low contact, we can't tackle anyone but some bumping is allowed." I say.

"Well, if you ever need any help learning to play let me know. I'd be happy to help you. Uh, we'll be happy to help you, the whole team." He says rubbing his neck. "Even if I'm a defenceman and you're a forward. I'm very good at tackling. So I could, uh, help you with that."

"I'd like that." I say laughing and smiling at him. I look behind him to see the team watching us, causing me to cough and look down embarrassed.

He turns around to look at them. He turns back to me. "So, uh, yeah. Good job. See you next practice." He says as he nods and he walks off.

-----------

Do you get the title? Blades like grass and then blades like ice skates.