Chapter 26

I blinked sleepily, trying to get my bearings. I was still in my room, I knew that much, but my whole body felt heavy.

It took me a few minutes to sit up and I winced. My right arm hurt quite a lot...

Wait--

I quickly looked down at my right arm and sighed in relief. It was not missing any pieces like in the other world.

It still hurt, but there were no signs of injury. Maybe it was those phantom pains people talk about sometimes...

I shook my head, shivering slightly. I did not like how badly I got injured in the other place. Maybe I should hide whenever I show up in the next place since I no longer had the anchoring bracelets.

Sam was right, I really needed to avoid traumatizing my body further no matter where I was.

I know I enjoy sensing your pain, but even THAT was a bit much for me.

I sighed. I don't even want to think about it. Fatal_Error is worse than anyone I've encountered so far.

Normally I'd be offended that you don't put me in that category, but considering what he did to me, I don't disagree with you.

I hesitated in my thoughts for a moment. Are...are you okay? I mean...like, how are you feeling?

He huffed. Why do you care?

I...didn't I already go over this with you? I want to help. Also, you still seemed a bit battered when I woke up.

I'm fine. You should be more concerned with yourself once you go to sleep again. I don't know where you'll end up and you won't have the energy to find help.

Considering there's only the main timeline and its alternates left, my choices are pretty limited...besides, the universe seems to enjoy sending me to that park...maybe I'll be there again.

Hmm...well, I'll see if I can find you again. As annoying as you are, I'd rather you not die...or worse.

What could possibly be worse than dying...?

XGaster.

Oh...right. He'd still be in the main timeline...

Exactly.

I bit my lip a little. This is not good...

I shakily stood up from the bed, rubbing my arms. The pain in my right one was going away slowly, at least.

I looked over at the desk to see the phone still there. I blinked slowly before going over and sitting at the desk, looking at the phone. I picked it up and turned it on, kind of just staring at it.

I stared and stared for many minutes, lost in random thought. There was no cohesive thinking going on in my head, just murmurs of thought.

I could sense Nightmare's confusion. I shook my head slightly, trying to gather my thoughts into something that made sense. I sighed softly and turned the phone back off, setting it down. I crossed my arms, leaning back in the chair. Man...I just don't know what to do anymore...I never asked for this.

Nightmare was silent. I closed my eyes. I had a somewhat normal life...sure, my family wasn't the greatest and I didn't exactly have close friends...I just kinda drifted through life, honestly...but it was something. I was just a shadow among many others. Now I'm a frickin' science project who can barely control a crazy skeleton from killing everyone for the slightest mishap toward him...