𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒.

Ebony's PovI observed Jorja intently while a sour expression formed on her face as she conversed with the daycare management team over the phone regarding Solèigh's current location

Ebony's Pov
I observed Jorja intently while a sour expression formed on her face as she conversed with the daycare management team over the phone regarding Solèigh's current location. The conversation had been ongoing for two hours, but they had not made any progress so far.

She's adorned in sleek black slacks paired with a matching button-down, casually undone to the third button, offering just a hint of her cleavage. The necklace I gifted for her birthday nestles subtly in the curve, almost camouflaged by her breast. Is it strange that I find Jorja's current appearance attractive, considering she's engaged in a heated conversation?

Her natural hair cascades gracefully across her head, elegantly framing her face and swaying with each motion she makes.

It probably is a bit weird..

"Her household is unstable, Mr. Davis. I'm not referring to their financial situation, but rather their mental state. Her mother left her at daycare, despite having no extended family listed as contacts. It's quite frustrating - I've explained this to you five times today," Jorja said, bouncing her leg up and down while sitting with her legs slightly apart.

This morning, Jorja received a call from daycare management, informing her that Soléigh's mother was not only more than okay, but was active on Facebook, sharing posts and having a laughing session with others in the comment section.

Jorja's intention was not to separate Soléigh from her mother. Her sole objective was to prevent Soléigh from being placed in a foster home. Jorja wanted us to take care of Soléigh and provide her with the motherly love and care she deserved. Soléigh's mother had no plans of taking care of her anytime soon.

I stood up from my seat and walked over to the lounge room where Soleigh and Penelope were sitting on the small couch, watching television. After closing the door behind me, I approached the sofa where she were sitting, "Are you guys alright in here?" I asked, making her nod in response.

I felt terrible for Soléigh. She was in a difficult position, with no other family to turn to and a deadbeat mom. Soléigh was a bright girl, and I knew that she would quickly understand what was happening. I think it's best for me to go ahead and tell her.

"Soléigh, I was wondering if you would like to live with Jorja and me officially. We won't force you to look at us as your new parents, but we would love to have you. You don't need to make any decisions right now, take your time to think about it, baby." As I spoke, I gently caressed her back, hoping to offer her some comfort.

I carefully picked up Penelope from her lap as she was nibbling on her sweater. Then, Soléigh looked at me with a curious sparkle in her eyes and asked, "If you guys become my parents, that means I'll have two moms right?" Her enthusiasm caught me off guard, especially since she had not mentioned anything about her own mother or her whereabouts.

Becoming a mother was a challenge for me, but I was willing to take that step for Solèigh. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't rushing into anything, but both Jorja and I were ready to give our all to be a mother figure for Solèigh if she needed one. "Whatever you want us to be, we'll be," I assured softly, nodding in agreement.