Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Ch. 6

Colton

"Should I wear the black or the blue one?"

"Doesn't matter. Take your pick. Come on, man, you're taking forever to choose a shirt." Gerald was chilling on the couch, watching me search through my wardrobe.

My home is always open to him. He's using my gym, swimming in my pool, crashing at my penthouse, driving my car, and all others. He's more than just a best friend, he's like a brother.

There used to be three of us who were best friends since grade school, and we all ended up taking the same course in college. The other one, Cassie Garcia, sadly passed away in a car crash. This happened back in our second year of college.

Losing Cassie hit Gerald and me really hard. Especially Gerald, who had a relationship with Cassie for years.

Gerald lost his motivation to study after that thing happened. He ditched studying and just stayed home binge-watching Netflix or playing games online. His life was a total mess. Up until two years ago, he was okay with me footing the bill for his online class. Soon, he'll be done with college and work for me.

"I'm thinking of going with black." I decided, but immediately changed my mind. "But it's her favorite color. Maybe she'll think I'm trying to impress her."

"Dude, you've been staring at your closet for like half an hour. It's not a fancy date, just a business dinner. Keep that in mind."

"Yeah, I know. But I still have to look good. She'd notice everything and come up with an extra reason to hate me."

"Do you really think she cares? She doesn't like you."

My lips twisted. "The feeling is mutual, but I notice every little thing about her."

"It's because you're super attracted to her. You bug her all the time because she doesn't feel the same."

I balled a shirt and threw it at him. "Hey, I'm not shallow."

He evaded and threw it back at me, hitting my arm.

"You still fancy her, right? It's too obvious, man. You don't have to tell me."

I sighed and gave in. "Time to have my brain examined. She's got me crushing on her every single time I see her. She's just so damn irresistible."

"Have your heart checked as well. From the way I see it, you're in danger of falling in love with her."

I laughed meanly. "I'm not really into love or commitment right now, you know? It'll come when I'm ready and find the right person. And for sure, it won't be Luna."

"Just keep saying it to convince yourself." He laughed aloud.

"Get outta here. She'll be here any moment now."

He stood up and tapped my back. "Good luck, bro. Try harder to resist your enemy, okay? Remember why you're doing this."

"Of course, I won't forget it."

***

Luna

I showed up at Global Excellence Consultants on Friday at 7 pm. I had on a pantsuit in all-bisque color with heels that matched perfectly. I just tied my hair back in a ponytail and put on a bit of makeup.

I couldn't believe it was happening. I never thought Colton and I would be eating dinner together. We've hated each other since day one.

My hands were all shaky, and my legs were trembling. Ugh, why am I freaking out about meeting him?

I had a rough night's sleep, thinking about my meeting with Colton. I woke up this morning feeling super edgy. If I don't relax, I'll totally lose it.

"Good evening, Miss Stavrakos. Mr. Treble is waiting for you." Mr. Albert Ong said when we met in the lobby.