Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Ch. 7

Colton

I was in the study room, walking back and forth, super anxious to see Luna again. I wonder what would go down if it was just me and her. The last time was not good.

When did things end up being good, anyway?

Whenever we're by ourselves, it's always chaotic. We're not on the same wavelength. We're like two stubborn bulls going at it. We let our tempers get the best of us.

Only speaking for myself here. She always knew how to push my buttons. Everything about her - what she said, her eyes, what she did, and how she acted. She had the power to turn my calmness into a storm.

I have no idea. When I think about it, I sometimes feel like I'm overreacting when it comes to her. I don't get why she always makes me so angry.

My thoughts got interrupted by a knock. It was Amir, the butler.

"Miss Stavrakos has arrived. She's in the living room, waiting for you."

"Thanks, Amir."

Seeing Luna gave me that adrenaline rush again. I don't know why, but she just gave me so much energy.

She was in the middle of the living room, checking out the black, gray, and white abstract painting I brought from Japan. While I was there, gawking at her.

Her outfit was on point. She looked stunning. The clothes hid her skin, but couldn't hide her beautiful curves in all the right spots. She changed her appearance with blond hair and stylish clothes, but it didn't make a difference. She's still the Luna I remember from college.

I did my best not to crack up. She looked adorable, tilting her head as she tried to figure out the picture. I went up to her before she broke her neck.

"You're going to have a stiff neck if you don't stop doing that."

She looked right at me, and I was like, damn. My heart skipped a beat. She looked stunning, like a sunbeam after a storm.

"So, what's in here?" She asked.

I explained that the painting was a woman staring at the moon. I didn't mention that I bought it because it reminded me of her. Her name literally meant the moon. Back in college, she was all about black. She was like, totally obsessed with vampires, witches, magic, and mystery. She was a bit of a rebel, too. She was fighting for freedom from her family, making black more suited to her personality.

"You look gorgeous in your outfit." I said after a brief silence between us.

"Thank you. I can say the same to you. Black suits you well."

Oh damn. I turned red. My temples were burning. My heart swelled with joy that she liked how I looked in black.

Then I could hear Gerald's warning echoing in my head. Make sure you get your heart checked as well. You're in danger of falling for her.

I let out a big sigh and said to myself. She was only being nice because she wanted something.

I couldn't help but chuckle and shake my head. I'm such an idiot.

"What's so funny?"

"Sorry. It's just weird, you know. You just said something nice about me."

"Well, there's always a first time for everything."

I squinted at her, trying to figure her out.

"Enough with the act, Luna. Just keep it real. I know you're just buttering me up."

She shot me a deadly look with her narrowed eyes. I knew I ticked her off. But then, her expression changed. She smiled, but it didn't seem genuine.

"I'm nice to people who are nice to me."