Chapter - 7 Envelope

Willow's POV

I was in the car beside Ace, he was busy driving, I continued to admire him, not sure if he noticed it, We stopped at the traffic signal, waiting it to turn green, Olivia was seated at the back of the car. She was reading a book, The book was titled The Lost Steps.

I don't typically read books, but I have noticed many people turn to reading as a way to relax. Perhaps I should give it a shot. Finally, the signal turned green. Ace began driving again, I felt the wind pass through me, It was a chilly day, I adore winter, There is nearly a month remaining until winter. I kept my hands on window, loving the cold breeze, As every wave passed through me, It reminded me of my childhood. When I was a joyful kid, I'm not sure what it means to be happy. But I was happy, I found happiness in my own way, with Mom, Dad, and my brother. My younger brother, who is one year younger than me, We were all happy, Dad's business was going all well, Mom was happy, we took care of each other, We were raised with all the love we could ever receive. Until one day...

I let out a sigh, I would rather not focus on the negative aspects of my past. Instead, I focus on the happy memories of us, being a Happy family. The times when Dad would take us out for ice cream, I love the taste of mint chocolate. It used to be my Favorite flavor, As I grew up I started to hate it, maybe because I changed, now I ask for cookies and cream. But Ace got me mint chocolate, the first time we went out for ice cream, maybe he saw it from my point of view, "Point of views are never to be said, it always needs to be understood." I let out a weak smile, I am happy yet sad, How can I be so happy, yet so sad and empty on the same time, what the Heck is this.

We were heading to a distant location, a surprise from Ace. Despite my aversion to surprises, this one is necessary to clear my mind after the nightmare I had two days ago.

No one was talking, Olivia was reading, and Ace was driving, The only sound I could hear were the pages flipping as Olivia read and the horns of cars and semi trucks. There were only three of us, none of whom were in the mood to talk, so I simply enjoyed the breeze.

We arrived at this resort after an hour. It was pleasant, although I have experienced nicer ones before. We had a great time, It truly brightened my day.

We came back in the evening around 5 o'clock. Although I was tired I didn't rest, tomorrow is Monday and I have college to attend and assignments to complete, Ace was in the living room, watching TV, while also cleaning the house.

Suddenly I got a call from Ren,

*OTP*

"Hello! How are you??" Ren asked

"Tired." I answered

"Well! I got a work for you, it's important." Ren said

"I am tired and have work to do as well, Ace is home as well." I replied, annoyed.

"Why not say Adira? Do you want me to call her?." I suggested

"You think I did not call her earlier; besides, she is busy." Ren said, I could say that he seemed to be frowning.

"Could I do it later, please?" I requested

"Not at all, princess, It is important, and I have a meeting to go to." Ren explained

"Okay! Tell me what to do." I frowned

"Look, sneak out of the house, or give an excuse, not your lame ones though, don't let Ace know anything, come to the xxxxx road, you'll find Adan there waiting for you, take the envelope from him and, Burn It." Ren explained.

"Could have said Adan to do it, Why me?" I questioned.

"It's an order from Mr Bane, he wants you to do it, I don't know why, but he says 'It is My Order, she must do it by herself.' I suppose you shouldn't refuse Mr Bane's orders, you know him very well, princess, I know you're tired, but it's going to take maximum 10 minutes, Just do it." Ren tried to convince and also explained to me.

"Fine! I am going, Ask him to wait for me." I furrowed my brows in frustration.

*Calls Ends*

I shut my books, turned off my computer, and headed towards the washroom. When I looked in the mirror, I saw that my hair was a big mess. I fixed it a bit, I washed my face and applied my lip balm and then went outside. As it was a chilly day, I grabbed my bag and the lighter before putting on my coat.

"I'm leaving, I need to pick up some items." I inform Ace, "I can get it for you. Are you sure you'll be safe, my love? It's chilly outside, you may catch a cold. I don't mind you going out, it's just not safe." Ace said, He was watching the movie Titanic, I was more focused on the movie than on what Ace had said. I was focused on the scene, A section of the ship detached, with half remaining afloat and the remainder submerging below the surface. The people screamed to save their lives. Everyone started jumping into the water. The freezing water touching their bare skin caused pain, both physically and mentally, to them and to me as well.

At that moment, I thought about everything, about what others might be experiencing. I could sense the fear of death in their eyes because Eyes Never Lie, a feeling I have also known. It's an inexplicable fear because you have no idea what will happen next. Do you know if you will survive or die? No, it is impossible to predict. It's a type of fear where you begin to fear your own thoughts, and I have personally experienced it. I know this feeling of pain, worry, anger, sadness, tearful, nervous, lonely, sorrow, scared, tensed, frustrated, everything all at once. Right I was scared, flashbacks hit me hard like a freaking stone.

"You deserve to die, Willow. In fact, you deserve nothing, Death is the only way you'll survive."

I was zoned out, Ace called me again "Hey! You have been standing there like stone, Is everything alright My love?" "Y-yes everything is good, I just zoned out a bit." I say, I leave after hugging Ace.

As I arrived at the xxxxx road, I noticed Adan waiting for me. He waved at me, and as soon as our eyes met, I waved back. "Hey! How are you, It's been a while since we last met, here take this, I have to leave too." Adan said "Yeah, it's really been a while since we met." I reply, He handed me the envelope, "Oh! By the way dad (Mr Bane) said Do Not Open It, Just go and Burn it." Adan explains.

I took the envelope, even though I was tempted to open it, I didn't. I burned it, as I watched every bit of the ash mixing with the air. On my way home, I picked up some stationery items before arriving home.

"You're back! I missed you so much My love." Ace expressed, "I missed you too." I say and lean in for a kiss, and he did.

Later at night, during dinner I asked him "Are you mine?" "I am all yours My love, in fact I am proud to be called yours."
___________________________________________

Hey!! How are you all??
Hope your doing good!
Make sure to vote and comment, don't be a silent reader, also follow me
Follow me on Instagram for updates and spoilers too<3
@Messy___gurl__