Chapter 12: The River Bath And The Romantic Walk.

They continued on their walk, their path lit up with the magical flashlight made by Elara. The forest was quiet, with the only noises being quiet hisses and footsteps of animals in the forest, walking away from Alex and Elara. Somewhere along the way, Alex felt cold, so he requested Elara to make him a new shirt, which she did.

"Point the flashlight to the forest." Alex said, and Elara complied. She pointed the flashlight to their right, shining bright light upon the vegetation. There were no animals or monsters, simply bushes and trees.

"I thought that the forest would be more magical. But it looks like the most normal forest." Alex said in disappointment. It was a world of magic and magical creatures, so why is the forest completely normal?

"You're so stupid." Elara said, pointing the flashlight back ahead of them. When she did, she illuminated the flowing river and its clear water.

"Go wash now." Elara said as they approached the river.

"Turn around." Alex requested, walking up to the river until the water was just short of reaching him. Elara complied, turned around and sat on a fallen tree, facing away from Alex.

"Make it quick." Elara said. Alex tried to take off his shirt, but he had the scabbard belt strapped over both his shoulders going down his back before reattaching to the scabbard back at his hip.

"Why did you create so many straps?" Alex asked, which made Elara shrug her shoulders.

"Why not? Besides, you like being tied up, so where's the issue?" Elara said teasingly. Alex could see the smile on her face despite her having her back turned to him.

"Excuse me? No, I don't." Alex denied, the buckles were on his back, and he tried reaching them as he spoke. Unfortunately, it was in a spot that he couldn't reach with his hands.

"You so easily forget that I know every thought and memory you've ever had from your very birth in your old world." Elara responded, at which Alex clicked his tongue.

"Tsk, shut it. Help me out." Alex said as he approached her and turned around, also standing with his back to her.

"Not denying it anymore, are you?" Elara teased. It was clear from her voice that she loved teasing her friend. She stood up and turned to face Alex, quickly unbuckling the two straps on his back and turning back around and sitting on the tree. Alex hastily took off the straps and let them fall to the ground next to Elara. Then, he took off his pants and underwear, leaving them on the ground.

"I'm not denying it anymore because I know that arguing with you is impossible." Alex said as he stepped into the cold water.

"You're not denying it because you know that I'm right." Elara said smugly.

"Just forget it." Alex replied, the water around him turning a light red from all the blood being washed away by the flow of the river.

"Hey now, don't take it as me shaming you or something." Elara said. Alex started washing his body with his hands, scrubbing away the blood and other grime stuck to his body.

"I know, but be quiet." Alex responded, looking over his shoulder at Elara to make sure she doesn't peek at him.

"How's the water?" Elara asked after a moment of silence, looking around the dark forest as well as up at the starry night sky.

"Cold. You sure I won't get sick?" Alex asked before submerging himself in water completely, his head reappearing a moment later.

"Not really, and even if, healing magic exists. And if I was in your place I'd watch out for that fish-like monster right next to your left leg." Elara said casually. Alex looked down and through the transparent surface of the water he noticed a big, piranha-like fish with sharp teeth slowly approaching him. He screamed and immediately swam back to shore as fast as he could. Once on land, he sat down on the ground some distance from the water, breathing heavily. Elara started laughing loudly as soon as Alex sat down.