awkward interrogations

(pls comment and vote)

~

"What's your guys' names?" She asked, looking at the pair of them with a soft and gentle smile as though to ease them into answering. She received no response. Jack Kline was repeated Daphne's instructions in his head over and over, determined not to let the girl down as he messed around with a water bottle, whilst said girl was practically curling in on herself, her gaze glaring firmly at the sheriff. "What's your names?" Christine's voice grew louder, and Daphne's glare grew harsher.

Jack looked towards Daphne for guidance, heeding to her instructions with desperation. When she sighed and closed her eyes before sending a firm, singular nod, Jack turned to setting the water bottle down on the desk. Slowly, he looked towards the sheriff and pinched his brows together.

"Jack." Christine breathed out a little, thankful to be getting somewhere with the two young adults in front of her, but when her dark eyes looked at Daphne, she knew she's have a tougher time getting any information from her. "That's Daphne." The sheriff didn't missed the alarmed look the blonde sent towards Jack, although it was gone rather quickly in hopes of being missed.

"Okay, Jack." Christine nodded as she scribbled the name down before sending a soft smile towards the girl beside him, of whom seemed to be slightly reaching for his arm as though he were a safety net. "Daphne. Jack and Daphne what?" A steely glaze washed over the girl's blue eyes as she stared at the sheriff. She hoped to be able to see a glimmer into the girl's mind, begging to be able to read her thoughts and figure out her intentions with herself and Jack.

Jack, however, slightly looked away from Christine's eyes. He didn't know what the sheriff was asking, and yet it somehow felt close to home. He felt an increased amount of sadness and a heavy weight upon his chest when her words rang through his mind.

"What's your last name?" Christine Barker asked, shifting in her position of where she was slightly sat on a desk. She felt an awkward sensation overcome her, knowing these teens in front of her were not going to give her anything.

Daphne glanced towards the blue eyed, dark haired boy that was sat at a desk besides her and Jack, staring between them and the sheriff curiously and with a sense of confusion as though he didn't understand their behaviour. His gaze flickered towards the sheriff when he caught Daphne's cold look, though.

"Okay." Christine sighed, shifting once more but a little more awkwardly. "How 'bout, uh....where are you parents?" Daphne rolled her eyes, hating how most people assumed everyone had a mother and father. It certainly wasn't the case with Daphe nor Jack, of whom both lacked a mother. Her's simply wasn't present - or that's what she believed - and Jack's had unfortunately passed away. "Your mother and father?"

"My mother..." Jack hesitated for a moment, looking towards Daphne as though for guidance. Without realising it, his hand gravitated towards her own that lay in her lap. He sighed, however, and looked back to the sheriff. "She's in Heaven." Another glance towards Daphne, of whom stared off at the wall absently. "My father, he was supposed to be here, but he's not. We're trying to find him."

"We-" Daphne exclaimed loudly before choking on her words and pulling a smile as best as she could before glancing towards the sheriff. "Yeah, uh, we have to find him." She tried her best to stop the sarcasm from seeping through her tone, knowing she didn't want to find Lucifer in the slightest. Lucifer had caused her too much pain that, if she did find him, she'd do something stupid. She was Michael's back up sword if Dean ever died before the day their battle could properly commence. It didn't happen almost a decade ago, and she sure as hell was sure it wouldn't happen so long as she lived, and yet if Lucifer showed his face to her, she was afraid she'd make sure it did happen.