Chapter 5: Storming the Castle

It has been a couple of hours since Jaune first arrived in the new world. He is currently trudging through the snowy landscape, his aura protecting him from the cold winds as he travels the mountain range.

"I guess I should thank Pyrrha for unlocking my aura, without it I would have frozen to death the first hour I got here," he grumbled bitterly, having no intention of ever forgiving her or anybody that resides in Beacon after abandoning him and constantly abusing him day after day. As he started to walk up one of the mountains, as he neared the peak, he saw what appeared to be a castle residing at the top. 

"Finally, some shelter

"Finally, some shelter. I really need to get inside before my aura starts to fail and I die of frostbite." Jaune said as started to pick up his pace and moved towards the castle quickly. As he started to get near it, a notification appeared in front of him.

[Quest Available]

Kill all the hostile creatures inside of the castle!

Reward: 35000 EXP + 50000 Gold + A New Weapon

Failure: Possible death, others will fall victim to the monsters

Jaune just looked at the quest and then back at the castle that he now knows is full of hostile and potentially dangerous creatures. He couldn't help but wonder what sort of monsters he would face in there, he felt both nervous and excited at the same time of what he would face off against. After thinking for a minute, he decided to go through with the quest, it being a great way to put all of his training to the test and to continue his exploration of this new world. He slowed his pace and got low to the ground, trying to make himself look as small as possible to not alert any of the monsters in the castle as he approached it. After a couple of minutes, he managed to get to the castle wall, quickly moving and placing his back on it as he looked up to make sure nobody saw him.

"Looks like I wasn't spotted. Now how am I going to sneak in?" he thought out loud as he pondered a way to get in. He soon came to an idea as he moved away from the wall and then summoned his vectors. Keeping his eyes on the top of the wall, he moved his vectors and stabbed the transparent fingers into the wall. Once he felt like they had a good hold he started to move them and pull him upward on the wall like he was a spider. While stealthily climbing up, he moved horizontally across the wall as well to try and move towards an area where there wouldn't need to be a lookout to better help his chances to sneak in. He kept using his vectors to climb until he finally reached the top of the wall, peering over the edge he didn't see anything, so he pulled himself over and quickly moved into the castle.

As he moved across the top of the wall, he finally saw what he was supposed to kill. The creature was a small green humanoid-looking creature with pointy ears, claws, fangs, and also a long nose. A name appeared right above the creature, telling Jaune what exactly he was facing.