𓄼˚ chapter one

7 A.M. Louise's room.

After a long month of procrastinating by not organising her suitcase for the new school year, she was currently busy packing her recently ironed clothes, scarves and underwear. To say she was nervous was cutting it short.

Last year was a wonderful mess. New friends, likings, academic advances, yet puberty, hormones and body war both from her and her male schoolmates, were the highlights of 58'.

This year would be different. Welton, her college, will now add three more women to the alumni. The idea of this was frightening her: she had been homeschooled all her life. She had met some women and girls throughout her visits to the library, hobbies and cafeterias. Yet... seeing one everyday? Even sharing a room for all school year? It seemed so new.

CREEEEAK.

Her room door opened. Before she could move her head to follow the noise, the Perry's, both adults and teen, were all standing in Louise's room.

She had already finished her suitcase and was closing it. Her dad seemed excited about what he was about to say; Neil seemed curious, clearly not having being told about the situation, and her mom had a weird look in her face as if she was waiting for a bomb to drop.

She heard her father's idea and had to stand to check that she was in control of her body.

Louise took her hands directly to her face, trying to hide behind them. The embarrasment she had for herself was astounding. Her brother gaped at her in shock and then turned to his mom. Both Perry twins were staring at their parents.

The situation was that, for the first time, Louise will be attending an extracurricular class, which was a surprise in it of itself. She had dreamt of this moment: afternoons of pottery, book clubs, even knitting... but she never expected...

"No fucking way." The younger woman answered, her eyes opened as big as those of an owl. Her father got closer to her.

"Language, lady."

"Yeah, that's probably what they're going to teach her." Neil said between laughs. She ignored him.

Louise stopped staring dumbfoundedly at her dad and met her mother's eyes. "You surely know..." A silent plea was exchanged to no response since the older woman's gaze moved down to her own brown shoes.

She turned back to her dad, disappointed in her mom's lack of words. "You are going. It's not a request."

"But, Dad--"

"As long as you live under my roof, you will do as I say," he said to which Louise did not reply.

Both of the adults left her room, leaving the twins alone. They looked at each other in silence for some seconds.

Neil opened his mouth, as if about to say something, but his twin interrupted him. "You are an asshole."

His mouth fell open and his voice became higher pitch, "What did I do?"

"You just sat there and laughed," the brunette girl hissed at him furiously.

"Rather, stood." He supressed a laugh when seeing her eyes staring daggers right at him. "The class is not that bad," he cut her before she could swear at him, "you only have to attend... right?"

Yes. She would have to. She knew she had no choice.

Louise would have to attend an all-female course based on how to be a good housewife. These apparently will take place during rowing classes, gym; all the activity based afternoons in which she laughed at her friend's shennanigans... lost. Lost doing what? Learning how to be a good wife... a good servant in her eyes.