𓄼˚ chapter six

7:00 P

7:00 P.M. Football field.

The ball went from Todd to Pitts, who was running as fast as he could after a loud shriek from Charlie to do so. Their team was losing against Neil's, Meek's and Knox's. If they scored at least one goal, the big difference from 3-1 would shrink.

Pitts got closer to the box, aimed and shot.

SCORE!

Charlie went running to the taller boy and jumped on him, hugging him like a koala. "GOOOAL."

Pitts was able to catch him and went to where Todd was, giving him a side hug. Then, Charlie got down and they went to the middle of the field as fast as he could, encouraging the other to do it as well. They had ten minutes left until half time and Charlie was excited to score some more.

Once they got to the positions, one of the guys in the loser team gestured his friends to look to the benches, and whispers were exchanged after. Charlie followed the source of the commotion, finding his new girl friends and Louise on the seats, staring at the boys while talking quietly.

He waved to them, and saw Knox and Neil do the same. The girls waved back, laughing at something they didn't catch.

The energy shifted. All the boys were now aware of the girls looking at them, so they stood straighter.

When they heard the whistle, Neil started the game, passing the ball to one of his teammates. Immediately after, Charlie ran to his friend, stealing his game. He passed it to one of his annoying classmates, Jamie, who kicked the ball far from the field, very strongly.

All the boys seemed to be playing harder.

Nothing important had happened when they got to the break. Charlie saw Jamie and his friends go to where the girls were sitting. He patted Neil on the back, and the rest of his friends looked at Charlie, who pointed with his head to the benches.

Neil started walking to where they were, and everyone followed. Knox seemed to be even more invested in getting there.

When they got to their destination, Chris was giggling at something that Matthew, a friend of Jamie's, said. Knox shot bullets into his brain with his eyes.
On the other side, while laughing at something Jamie was saying, Louise's eyes diverted to her brother, and then to Charlie.

Neil cleared his throat when he noticed Jamie's hand on his sister's arm. "Hey, guys."

At his presence, Louise's laugh became quieter, and a confused frown was beginning to take place. To the sudden appearance of other men, the ones sitting there before stood up.

"Hey, Neil." Jamie took his hand off Louise. "Nice first half. We'll win it, though. Right, Charlie?"

Charlie looked unimpressed while going right next to Louise, sitting on the bench under her. "Yeah, sure."