𓄼˚ chapter seven

10:30 P

10:30 P.M. Students lounge.

The end of the first day was almost there. It would become a routine that every evening, right after dinner, everyone would go to the student lounge to do homework and study.

It's more of an option than a mandatory thing: they could choose to go to their rooms and do nothing, but that would mean they would have to leave the hard work for the morning. Sleeping till late, or using the early day for other activities, was much more appealing than the other alternative.

The big group had already finished working on Chemistry, and was moving onto Maths. Since there weren't any gigantic tables, it got divided into two subgroups. The Perry's, as always, organized said furnitures for optimal disposition, in their words: at least one person that knew how to do the activity in a sufficient way, and the rest who didn't even know how to approach it.

On the first table, Cameron was in charge of Knox, Neil, Charlie, Chris and Louise. He was short of patience. This was shown by how much Neil and he argued when the amateur didn't understand.

"Just replace these numbers here with 'x', for 'x' and 'y'."

"Of course." Neil said.

"Of course, so what's the problem?"

The conversation got interrupted by Louise, who pointed at the time. "We should hurry up. We still have Latin and History homework."

They went over the basic steps, and that made it easier. After they finished, Knox coughed in the direction of Neil, and he nodded.

"Break time."

Everyone thanked his words. Cameron made his way to the sofa, exhausted after teaching. Right after, they got more comfortable on their seats. Their breaks consisted of ten minutes of walking around the lounge, getting some water from the dispenser, and pulling their snacks out of hidden places.

Knox kept looking at the male Perry, expectantly. When he realised his lingering look, Neil leaned to his left, where Chris was.

"So, uhm... Chris."

Her eyes met his. She had been talking to Charlie and Louise about the snacks they would buy the following day for the nightly studies.

"Yeah?"

"You were from another school, right?" The Perry continued.

"Yeah! Ridgeway High.  I moved here because of the opportunity. It's much better than my last one."

Neil nodded, not knowing how to bring it up, and Knox gave him a look.

"Better? Like, the people?"

She thought about it, shaking head after. "What do you mean?"

"The guys from there, aren't they famous for being... assholes?"

She scoffed, surprised. "No. They're my friends. Where did you hear that?"