Love Shot #6: Best Man

Note: this was one of the stories I made that was inspired by songs. This is from DBSK/TVXQ- "Doushite kimi wo suki ni natte shimattandarou"

Alex dusted his suit as he stood waiting inside the church. His palms slightly sweaty and he was keeping a close eye on the time.

He was silently praying... anxious as the time ticked slowly... Slowly...

He slightly jumped as his watch buzzed a little and he chuckled at his response as the doors of church opened. Sarah had always been pretty but to Alex, there were just no word that could describe how she looked in that white gown as she slowly made her way to the altar.

Alex straightened his posture as she walked closer and he smiled... the widest he could manage... as the love of his life walked past him and stop beside the man she was marrying.

He let his smile drop a little as Sarah faced the altar, holding the hand of the man she promised to love all her life. Alex touched the pair of rings that are now resting on his chest, a reminder of the time when it was the two of them who promised to love each other forever.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

The ceremony ended, a very happy smile on Sarah's face. Alex clasped the pair of rings still resting on his chest as he whispered with a sad smile, "Goodbye..."

A MONTH BEFORE

Alex was excited as he rushed towards their old meeting place.

Sarah was waiting there... her long hair swaying with the wind... and for a while he just stood watching her.

She had a serene expression on her face as she watched the waves from the ocean below crash to the shore. Finally feeling the presence behind her, she turned...

"Lex! How long have you been there? I didn't hear you!"

*chuckle* "I just arrived. You really love the sound of the ocean..."

Sarah smiled... not the slight smile or the mischievous smile that Alex was used to... but a calm, mature smile... reminding him that they have both grown up, "It's been a while."

Alex smiled as he clasped the pair of rings that was resting as pendants on his necklace, "6 years... but I'm back now... and I'm staying... I..."

"I'm.... getting married."

"Wha...?"

"Please... be my best man..."