The Library.

After Mary left, Max starts to feel lonely again. They spent an incredible time together. Of course, nothing lasts forever. Max hopes to see Mary visit him again.
Max slept at 12 A.M. Suddenly, he woke up due to hunger.

"I'm feeling kinda hungry...I'm just gonna grab a quick snack."

He went downstairs.

*Checks refrigerator*

"Wait...Why's there a few crumbs? Rats maybe.....Ugh, I swear I keep poisoning them they somehow manage to come back to live...So frustrating."

*Grabs chips*

"This'll satisfy me."

Max grabbed his chips and headed upstairs to enjoy his midnight snacks. Then...He fell...Asleep~
6 hours later, Max was getting ready for work. He reached the jewellery shop in time.

"Hey Andy, sup Nicole?"
"Hey dude! Are you here for a mission again?"
"Who knows. I hope maybe a break for a few days!"
"Haha! Or treating yourself with ANOTHER thousand dollar by going into a fancy restaurant!"
"You are funny. Catch you later."
"See ya bro!"

Max goes into his company and starts looking for his boss.

*Max bumps into Mary.*

"I'm so sorry I bum- Wait...Hi Mary!"
"O-oh hey!"
"I'm so sorry I bumped into you."
"It's alright, don't sweat it. Mr.Rony is in his office right now. I'm just going to the cafeteria to give him some coffee."
"Nice, thanks. See you!"
"S-see you!"

MAX'S P.O.V:
I hope I get an easier mission this time. Last one gave me headaches...

MARY'S P.O.V:
He's so sweet and so kind...I've never met anyone like him! And his cooking skills are SOOO amazing! Oh my gosh. He's also so cute! *Bumps into a vending machine.*

"WATCH WHERE YOU- Oh...Just a vending machine. Whatever..."

Max tapped Mr.Rony's door. Rony made eye contact with with and asked him to sit down while he was on a phone call. So, Max did.

"Again, this isn't the kind of responsibility I asked. I gave you this mission because you were perfect for it. Now if you ruined this, what the hell am I supposed to do except to just kick you out of it? The pay WAS 2,000 dollars! I'm sorry, but I have errands to run. Bye!" *Rony hangs up*

"Boss, is everything alright?"
"No everything's not okay. I asked one of our assassin to succeed in a mission but it ABSOLUTELY BACKFIRED! So, I am gonna give it to you."
"Ummmm...Is it difficult..?" Max asked nervously.
"Yes, in fact it is so hard, you need a partner."
Max gulps.
"What is the mission?"
"Listen carefully. I want you to go find a library. It's called Bella's Book. In there you will find a guy wearing a black suit with a red tie and a brown hat."
"Okay. That shouldn't be too hard."
"That place is crowded. So, try your best. Once you find that guy, ask him to follow you, once he does, TRAP HIM SOMEWHERE TO KILL HIM AND TH-"
"WOAH WOAH WOAH! Boss, slow down! This isn't about catching a mouse, this is literally about someone I have to KILL! Although catching a mouse is quite hard..."
"YES, listen, that guy is a detective. He works for a company called Detection Ltd. I'm telling you, that guy's no good! He's basically a fraud. He steals people's information and create false stuff about them. Now imagine if he finds our company, our reputation would be RUINED."
"People don't even KNOW we exist."
"I know. But what I'm saying is, it's gonna turn out pretty bad if he finds one clue about our company. So, the best idea, is murder."
"Okay...Pay?"
"5,000 dollars."
"I thought I heard you say 2,000?"
"You're the best one here, so 5,000. Take it or leave it."
"I will take it thank you. Should I start now?"
"Y.E.S. But before that I must let you know, that man is very secured. The librarian there is his partner. He has sharp eyes. So be aware. And also, take a partner with you."
"Um. Okay."
"Now go. Hurry. You have to finish this TODAY."
"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT"

Max left immediately and starts looking for someone to join him in his mission.

"Hey Kate, I was wondering if you can join me for a mission? I need a partner..."
"Sorry. But no, I am already stressed out about mine."
"It's okay...What about you Leon?"
"Sorry dude. I already have a partner."
"Your girlfriend doesn't count. I meant a partner who's gonna join me in a mission."
"O-oh. Then no sorry, she's gonna kill me if she finds out I'm spending time with someone."
"The hell? When are you even gonna break up with her?"
"It's complicated..."
"Okay, have a good mission, I'm gonna go find another person to ask-"
"I-I can go with you...."
"Huh? Mary? Can you repeat that again I couldn't hear you properly."
"I said, I can go with you for a mission."
"Really? Are you serious? You're just an assistant. Do you have any experience about this?"
"Ummm...Not really but I want to help!"
"Mary, Rony will be very unpleased if he finds out I failed this mission."
"I want to help! Please Max!"
"I'm not too sure about that...This mission may be dangerous for you though, especially someone who's never done any missions..."

Mary got closer to Max, touching his shoulder with an embarrassed face.

MARY'S MIND:
I'm sorry Max but this is the only way I can convince you...Damn this is the first time I've made the first move.

"M-Mary..! What're you doing...?"

MARY'S MIND:
Now that he asked me this, I must explain to him very strongly with full eye contact and slow talking...Won't that be a little seductive..? I don't care! I want to help!

"M-Mary...? Why are you getting closer? What're you even doing?"
"MAX PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU ON THIS MISSION PLEASE PLEASE I HAVE RONY'S PERMISSION ANYWAY SINCE HE REALLY DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ME I AM SO USELESS TO HIM EXCEPT YOU BECAUSE YOU SEE ME IN A DIFFERENT WAY SO PRETTY PLEASE TAKE ME ON THIS MISSION WI-"
"MARY CALM DOWN! OKAY OKAY! I WILL TAKE YOU! Oh my gosh, I never knew you'd be so interested in helping me."

Mary gasped after she realized she couldn't talk slow at all. This made her even more embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry! Please forgive me for being so desperate! I just wanted to work with you!"
"I understand, no pressure. We can work together, I don't care if I fail this mission or not, as long as you experience this the first time, we'll enjoy this."
"O-okay...."
"Now, come on, we've got work to do."
"Okay...!"

They both went off to their first ever mission together. Max called an Uber and both of them had conversations in the car until they've reached the library.

"Mary, I'm sure you already know what the mission is, right?"
"R-right!"
"Now, let's go find that guy."

They both stepped inside the library and saw many many people. Crowded place gives Mary aniexty. But Max helps her a lot without him knowing. Even standing beside him she feels safe and worry less.

"Max, the librarian, Rony told us that he is keeping an eye of that guy."
"Yeah I know. Our first task is to find him first. What did he say again....Oh yes, black...Um....Brown suit...?"
"Black suit with a red tie and a brown hat."
"Nice memory Mary. Now...Let's go find him!"

(TO BE CONTINUED)