7 : If 'Home' is where the heart is...

---------a/n--------------------

I feel as though this chapter will be very divisive. I apologize ahead of time if it's underwhelming. like 80% of it is just talking through a terminal
I am grateful to anyone who is reading this.

---------a/n--------------------

You're falling. Fast.

A few seconds pass before your legs gently hit the ground.

You found yourself somewhere completely new. You've never seen a place like this in 'Your World'.
Or the KinitoPET game, for that matter.

Your vision was hit with black an white. Monochrome.

Even you yourself, was monochrome. Gentle rustlings of leaves filled your ears. The place was rather barren. All there was was a tree with a tyre hanging off of it, some tall bushes, rocks, and a large pond in the centre of it all. It reminded you of a smaller park or garden area.
A few pixels here and there were moving around, glitching through one another.
Everything seemed so simple here.

You look at your reflection in the water, the calm lake calling your name.

You jump down into it, sinking deeper and deeper, gently floating downwards.
You find yourself in a room, the ceiling seemingly endlessly tall, vertigo causing your head to spin as you look up. The room was black, with one light-source in the centre of it all. Looking closer, the walls were covered with giant cables, weaving through one another.

Before you stood an old office table, falling apart, the wood rotting. A single, long cable was on the floor, connecting a very dusty cream-coloured CRT monitor to the mass of wires that the room was composed of. Looking around the place, you took careful steps towards it.

You sit down on a chair near the office table, coughing from the layers of dust covering it. This hasn't been touched in years, has itIt looked very similar to the one you had back at your 'Home', but, judging by the dust, this one really was decades old, and not just a modern device hidden in an old case like yours.

As soon as you sat down, the screen turned on, monochrome letters filling the monitor. There was no login needed, it booted you straight to the home screen. You stared it for a moment. It seemed to be almost inviting you to use it. Cautiously, you tried clicking on all of the pre-installed applications, but none of them seemed to function, besides the command prompt and notepad. It looked like some sort of old windows OS? You weren't sure.

Luckily, stuck at 'Home', as a part of your personal projects, you've been studying. Studying the ins and outs of how devices connect to each other, how they see each other. Kinito was a great help with stuff like this, since he actually felt and lived through all of the commands and scripts. He helped you understand all of this, helped you understand parts of 'Your World'.
And now, you're using his help to escape him.
What kind of friend are you-

C:\KinitoPET\Users\51>dir
Volume Serial Number is 6B-69-6E-69-74-6F

Directory of C:\KinitoPET\Users\51>

01/01/1997 06:40 PM <DIR> .
01/01/202X 1:30 PM <DIR> .Your_World

Ok, so it was just 'you' here. You couldn't access any of the other 'Worlds'. You open up a text editor. You write in a short script, a batch file. Kinito taught you how to use it, how you could ping all devices on a local network with it.
He loved helping you out, explaining everything.

for /L %%i in (1,1,255) do ( ping -n 1 192.168.0.%%i )

You try starting the batch file. The computer is probably older than you, if not much older. Windows 95, perhaps? You just hope the others won't have ping responses disabled-
Ah, the script is not working. You must have done something wrong. Was this even compatible with... whatever you were using? Some basic commands worked, but, trying out some, you notices many of them didn't. Must be proprietary. Ah, if only you had Kinito's help-