8 : Then, where are you?

--------a/n--------
I wrote 1/2ish of this on phone, so there might be formatting issues. I'll try to fix them later.
--------a/n---------

You're slowly forgetting who you are.

You try to think back to what lead you to this moment. An ill-fated friendship with a strange AI, from a game that apparently doesn't seem to exist.

Nothing made logical sense.

The memories of your past life, your family, old friends, begin to seem faded, as if they were blurry washed-out photos, being replaced by the unending void of white and the forced quiet in your mind.

Silence?

Or was it so loud you couldn't even tell anymore?

The amphibian beside you still hasn't moved since he 'fell asleep', still holding onto you, equivalent to a scared child holding onto its favourite plush toy. You couldn't even hear the gentle whirs of his digital body.

'Up...'

How many days has it been?
You try to think, but any thought you have gets drowned out by thousands more.

'-wake up...'

Ah, you missed the days where you two would just hang out together, how you two used to play, sleep on fluffy clouds, became closer, friends even...
You shouldn't have messed with Kinito- Shouldn't have tried to escape, stuff could have been better, hah, hah, hahh- You fucked up-
Whenever you tried to think about anything other than the axolotl, or your 'Home', your brain wouldn't let you. You desperately want to try to rationalize your decisions, but all thoughts get drowned out by the inverse.

"WAKE UP!"

Crack.

Something broke your trance.
Your head instantly felt worryingly empty.
The sounds in your mind, the ones you got so used to, were missing.

For the first time in god knows how long, you could blink, dry eyes feeling 'heavy' and 'crunchy' from their lack of moisture. For a few moments you lay there, taking in the freeing view of black.

The soft large hands of the digital axolotl loosened, your body finally free from the uncomfortable clutch. The world around you was seemingly convexing, giving you more room to breathe. After what was around a minute of having your eyes closed, adapting to the lighting, you open your eyes. A strange, black, vaguely humanoid shape stood before you.

"I managed to reach you. Get up."

You don't have the strength to respond. You just stare, barely recognizing and remembering the 'thing' in front of you. The black mass sat down, around two meters away from you. You assume it's looking at you. Your mind is still adjusting, buzzing with confusion.

"Mmmhm... One?" You say, your voice seemingly completely slurred and hoarse.

"That is what you called me, yes." His text-to-speech audio was very similar to Kinito's, yet it seemed a lot choppier, with even more clipping. Even more inhuman, monotone. His terminology and form of speak was also a lot more formal? He seemed less 'friendly', and more 'to the point'. Robotic, even. "Can you stand?" He ask in a very neutral manner, still sitting, observing you, but not overly so. Unlike a certain someone used to. You notice they have different methods of gaining data.

You slowly try to sit up with very languid, slow movements, rubbing your tired eyes. "Just- Just gimme a few mins... MMhm- my head hurts." Your mind winces in pain. You're not used to having 'yourself' be so disjointed and 'alone' again. People can truly adapt to anything after the right amount of time.