003. Magical

Song of the chapter : We can't be friends —Ariana Grande

I woke up with a sense of anticipation. Today was the day. Not only was it my first ever time going on a date, but my first time going on a date with a celebrity.

I rose from bed, and began my morning routine. After a quick shower I decided to eat a small breakfast, since I would probably just end up getting food at the coffee spot anyways.

I stood at my closet door trying to decide what would be the perfect outfit for the occasion. I don't want to overdress, but I also don't want to be underdressed. I ultimately decided on a cute white dress that flowed gently around my frame, and I added a touch a light makeup to top it all off. It was simple, and I was satisfied.

As I finished I heard a buzz come from my phone, I checked it and it revealed a small, "I'm here" text from Callum. I looked in the mirror one last time, then I grabbed my purse and headed out the door.

As I stepped out of my apartment, I spotted him waiting patiently by his car, a warm smile lighting up his features. My heart skipped a beat, as I approached.

After exchanging greetings and a few nervous laughs, Callum opened the door for me, and I climbed into the passenger seat.

"Morning Els."

"Good Morning Cal."

———

As we grew closer to the coffee shop I couldn't help but notice the change in scenery, bustling streets getting more and more quiet.

Soon, we fully arrived at our destination.
The shop was located in a rather small part of New York. Almost feeling vacant, there's a few people on the streets every now and then, but it's not overcrowded like the main parts of New York.

As we stepped inside I immediately smelt the scent of freshly brewed coffee. There were fairy lights hanging all around the ceiling and there was only around 10 people taking up the space inside, which for New York is very small.

I insisted on us getting iced americanos but Callum insisted on us getting surprised by whatever was the baristas favorite.

As we waited for our coffee to be brought to us we sat together by a small table near the window. "So how do you like it here?" He asked. "Uh, it's different, but a good different, I'm just not used to this part of New York, it's so quiet and peaceful I guess." "I meant the shop" he replies looking around smiling. "Oh! Uh it's really nice it has a good comfortable feel to it." I say nervously. He stares at me for a couple seconds, "You seem... different." He speaks up squinting his eyes, still looking at me. "Different? How come?" I ask, not being able to return the eye contact. "I don't know, you just, your less..." he looks up trying to come up with a good word. Once he realizes he can't find the word he's looking for he just says "never-mind." He's onto me and I can't stop myself from blurting out, "I know you're famous!" Gosh I can't stand being under pressure.

"Eh I don't like that word much" he says looking out the window, and then back at me, "and besides aren't you real popular yourself?" He asks sending me a questioning look. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I mean after you followed me at like 1 am, I checked your profile and saw you had a good following yourself." He says laughing. "What!? I followed you?" I reply shocked. "Did you not want to follow me?" He asked quirking up his brow. "No no no-" I respond flustered. "Soooo...you didn't want to follow me" he says nodding and grinning. "No I wanted to follow you, but I didn't mean to follow you! But I'm glad I did!" I stammer over my words nervously. "Relax smith I'm joking." He says laughing even harder. "That's the main reason I drove us here, it's more quiet, we don't have to run the risk of being followed or running into paparazzi, that wouldn't be a very fun first date of ours, now would it?" He says winking at me.