011. Exes and Parties

"And yea that's pretty much the full story of how I got pulled over for making an illegal u-turn during a high speed chase." Emma concludes her story time and I stare at her from across the bed. I didn't go back to my apartment after work last night, instead I had Emma pick me up and then drive to my apartment to get my cat before she drove me back to her place, to stay another night. "WOW" I reply.

"Yea, so now tell me about this Callum guy who broke your heart." "Nah I don't wanna talk about him." I respond. "Well let's talk about his ex," she quickly responds. Already pulling up her Instagram account.

"Emmaaa," I whine. "HOLY SHIT SHE HAS 88 MILLION FOLLOWERS!?" I suddenly jump up. "Whattt lemme see!!" We spend about 30 minutes scrolling through her page.

Emma tries to say things like, "she's not even all that," or "you look wayyy hotter," but it doesn't work on me, we both know she's beautiful which is even worse. What if they're truly meant to be. What if  I'm just the villain in their story and I was the one who almost ruined there happily ever after? But now they're together even though it hurts.

Emma looks at me, "what are you thinking over there?" She asks. I look up at her taking a long breath.

"Nothing." "You know what babes, I know this might sound like some cliche romance book but you need to go out." "I need to go out? Like outside?" "No! Out like to a party out, you've been sitting here and sulking in your depressing little thoughts for far too long." she says pushing my forehead. "And lucky for you I got invited to Austin Butlers little party for masters of the air." I look up at her wide eyed. "No! You already know Callum is gonna be there and I don't wanna be anywhere he's gonna be." I say shaking my head. "Isn't he still in Paris with dula peep and besides who cares if he sees you, that just means you have to look extra hot! AND YOU GET TO POSSIBLY FLIRT WITH AUSTIN BUTLER!? I don't get how you're not flipping your shit at this opportunity, didn't you watch that Elvis movie like 21 times?" She says sarcastically.

"I think you mean twice and I don't know Emma, I don't think I can handle being there knowing he's also possibly there." I say looking down. "That's why I'll be there with you, if he tries anything I'll knock his teeth in." She says bawling up her fists and making goofy punching motions. I laugh and shake my head.

"Ughhhhh, fine Emma I'll go." "YESSSS! YESSS!!!" She says excitedly. "So when is it?" I look up at her amused. "Tonight."

TIME SKIP ~

Song of this Scene - Illicit Affairs — Taylor Swift

As we approach the doors to the party I can't help but feel sick. The thought that Callum could be here right now made my stomach flip, but the thought that he also couldn't be here made me feel sick even more. I don't know which would be better.

Emma drags my hand as she greets a bunch of celebrities who I've never met, but she has because she's most likely either interviewed or filmed with them.

She keeps making the point that Austin Butler is here, and as much as I find him attractive I don't think I'd ever be with him or truly ever speak to him. I mean I don't think I'm looking for love with another celebrity, especially when I can't get Callum out of my head.

As Emma continued talking to more of her friends, I let her know I'm gonna go find the drinks, as I begin looking around. The party was in a big open hall area so if I did end up spotting Callum, it would be hard to let him out of my sight.

I finally find the drinks near a little area surrounded by tables, chairs and food. I don't know what's in the bottle I grab, since I don't bother reading the name, but I still pour a shot of it and drink it all down.

Before I know it I'm two shots in, then three, then four, then...I don't know?! I think I honestly lost count after the third one. It all became a blur pretty quickly.