( 𝟎 𝟎 𝟔 )

( chapter six )

( chapter six )

 the following week passed quickly, and soon enough, aurélie found herself on a plane to baku for the next grand prix.

charles had already been in baku for the past few days, so aurélie sat in her first class seat, listening to music, and soon fell asleep.

"we're landing in about ten minutes, miss." a voice spoke to her, and she felt a slight tap on her shoulder.

she looked up, to see a young flight attended, "of course, thank you for waking me up."

the woman nodded at aurélie, and turned on her heel, to take care of the other passengers.

aurélie swiftly disconnected her phone from her airpods, stuffing both items into her tote bag, turned her head, opened the window blinds, and enjoyed the view on the city, as the sun rose.

౨ৎ 

after she'd unpacked, she looked at her watch – 11:30am. qualifying wouldn't start until 3pm, so she decided to make herself on the way to get a coffe and then walk to the ferrari garrage, since she didn't have enough time to really explore the city, but didn't want to bore herself in her hotel room.

she changed out of her airport outfit, which consisted of grey sweatpants, and a tshirt, and into a white summer dress paired with some jewellery and a pair of sunglasses.

the brunette woman walked into the empty elevator, texting charles that she'd be at the garage in 30 minutes.

when the elevator stopped in the lobby of the hotel, aurélie excited it, stuffed her phone into her bag, and pulled the sunglasses that had rested in her hair, into her face.

after getting her coffee, she made her way out of the café, and into the ferrari garage, where she was greeted by charles.

qualifying began, and aurélie wore a bright red headseat while watching the cars go around the track. she tried to concentrate on her brother's red ferrari, but her eyes would catch lewis' mercedes every time it was shown on the screen.

it'd been almost three weeks since their encounter, and even though they hadn't seen each other since then, aurélie couldn't get him out of her mind – she thought of him way more often than she should, considering that he was her brothers collegue, and she wasn't ready for anything serious.

her thoughts were interrupted, when she noticed that Q3 had started, and she concentrated on the ten cars that were left on the grid again.

౨ৎ 

the next evening, aurélie found herself at yet another after race party – only this time, she was sober, as she wasn't keen to wake up with a headache the next morning.

she hadn't actually wanted to go out after the race, but lando had practically dragged her there, promising that it would be fun – a lie. Aurélie sat at the bar, alone, because the drivers were busy dancing, or drinking, and none of their girlfriends were with them this weekend.

"what are you doing here so alone?" a smooth voice asked, as the man who it belonged to sat down on the stool next to her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

the singer let out a sigh, "lando practically forced me to come with them – i had no choice."

"i see." he looked like he was thinking about something. "i know a place, not far from here, it's quiet, and you have an amazing view over the city. do you want to go with me?"

"sure, i'll just tell the other that i'm leaving – we'll meet outside in ten?"

"of course." lewis smiled at her and she walked to carlos – the first driver she could spot that looked like he hadn't drunk too much, to remember their conversation.

she tapped him on the shoulder, getting his attention. "hey carlos!" she shouted, trying to overtune the loud music. "i'll leave now, if anyone asks, i'm in my hotel room, yeah?"

without questioning her, carlos nodded and gave her a thumb up, before going back to his conversation with a very much drunk lando.

lewis and aurélie took a cab, neither of them had drank that night, but given that they flew to baku, also neither of them had a car with them.

when they arrived, lewis quickly payed the driver – much to aurélies dismay, as she wanted to pay – and then took aurélies hand in his, leading her up a hill until they reached the end.

her eyes swayed over the view – it was indeed gorgeous, and suddenly she became incredibly aware that they were entirely alone, looking over the city of baku, hand in hand.

"you were right, the view is incredible," aurélie mumbled, hoping he wouldn't notice the sudden nervous tone in her voice.

they stood there for another few minutes, holding hands, until lewis turned towards the woman next to him, who noticed his gaze on her, also turning her body in his direction.

their eyes locked, and their faces were near enough that their breaths mingled with one another.

lewis lifted his right hand to her cheek, his left one still holding hers.

"can i kiss you?"

aurélie wasn't sure if she was capable of speaking right in that moment, so she slightly nodded, giving him permission.

he didn't hestitate, captivating her lips with his, and she didn't hestitate to return the kiss. contrary to their first kiss, this wasn't a drunk kiss – also not a romantic one, but they were both one hundret percent aware of what they were doing.

breaking apart, their foreheads rested against each other.

"i'm sorry," aurélie mumbled, stepping away from the man in front of her.

he gave her a slightly confused, and concerned look "what's wrong?"

"i don't really do relationships, or anything serious right now, this can't be anything more than casual."

"i'm not really into relationships either – i'm too busy. So, are you okay with keeping this casual – only kissing, and sex, no feelings involved?"

"i'm good with that. but please don't tell anyone, i don't want charles to know."

"of course, should we head back to the hotel?"

aurélie nodded at him, and he took his hand back into his, the pair heading back to their hotel.

 ╭₊˚๑ 𝓐's corner 🐣₊˚੭ 

Thank you so much for over 100 votes like WHAT??

and also #3 in gracieabrams and #72 in lewishamilton LIKE ILYSM OMG (+ my sweet people who comment)

when this is published it'll already be over BUT tomorrow is the japanese gp (the commitment is real because i'm waking up at 6:50) and i'm praying for a charles podium.

edit after watching the race: i'm so happy that carlos is doing so good this year, but i just know charles is mad at himself rn for not getting that P3 and i wanna cry

also penelope being the cutest ever, i was DYING

anne xx