Broken promises<//3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shifting had never been Minho's thing, no matter how familiar he gets with it, it will always be exhausting and he would always end up falling asleep in the most uncomfortable places known to mankind.

"Minho, do you want me to help?" Minho's mother asked as she peaked her head in the room, her son looked back at her and shook his head politely, "I've got it" he boasted and his mother gave him a thumbs before leaving the room with a chuckle.

The boy rummaged through his closet and pulled out each and everything, including all the carton boxes in which he had stored his favourite memories.

He pulled out a shoebox which had a black ribbon tied around it, a hint of smile made it's way to his lips, that box held so much.

With hesitant hands, he lowered the box to the ground and sat in front of it, contemplating, if he should relive the memories one last time.

Taking a deep breathe, he lifted his hand and untied the ribbon and waited, he waited for the box to disappear in thin air, but it never happened.

After finally making his decision, he opened the box and bit down on his bottom lip, all the things inside the box were precious to him, each of them held a part of his heart, all the letters, gifts, shrivelled flowers and silly confessions of love.

The memories came flooding back as if they were yesterday.

"I would fight the world for you" Jisung said making Minho laugh at the silliness itself, but the younger pouted and brought Minho closer, "I mean it, Min"

A singular tear escaped Minho's eye, Jisung didn't keep his promise and it hurted.

With shaky hands he picked up a note from the box, it was the last one he got from Jisung.

"I'm sorry,
I never wanted to hurt you, but I did.
I never thought that I'd have to say this, but, Min, I never wanted to cheat on you, if I could go back in time and change everything, I would.

You have every right to not forgive me, and I'm not here to ask for forgiveness, I just want you to know that when I loved you, I did it with all my heart. All the promises which I made to you, I truly meant them.

I lost you and it was my biggest mistake, I'm sorry for the all the pain I caused you.

Please, take care of yourself, I won't say that I love you, but I loved you.

Your dearest
Jisung."

"Loved you" Minho mumbled to himself as the pad of his fingers traced Jisung's messy handwriting, the note was stained with salty tears, from both Minho and Jisung.

Minho had tears trailing down his face and his bottom lip was almost bleeding from how hard he was biting down on it, he could never throw this away, no matter how hard he tried, he would never be able to forget Jisung.

"I will always love you"  Jisung spoke and sealed his promise with a kiss to Minho's lips.

They all ended up as broken promises, and Jisung became a mere memory of his past which he could not forget.

Hiiii!!!
I really wanted to write something like this, but it didn't exactly come out like I wanted it to but yes, I still like it and I hope you do too<3

With all my love
-jane<3