Potions Pt 3

The moment Cub's gone, Xisuma forces me up the stairs by my collar. I stumble along behind, unable to free myself, until we're in Cub's basement. xB stands, slightly nervous, to one side. X finally lets me go. I dart out of reach, barely standing, ignoring the blood down myself.

'Why are you here?' I growl. The vex screech to attack him and xB too, for breaking up the fight before we found a winner.

'xB heard noises, saw you fighting, and made the right decision in coming to find me. What happened, Scar?'

'Why are you asking me and not Cub?! You- you're letting him go? And not me?! He started it! He initiated the...'

'Cub's not allowed to leave his lab, or whatever is down there, until he's said his piece.' Xisuma interrupts, forcing me to sit down. 'Now, let xB handle your injuries, calm down a bit, then explain what happened.'

I glare at X as he steps away, and then at xB as he tries to unravel some bandages to cover where I'm bleeding. Xisuma sits opposite me. I can't see his expression under his helmet. 

Punch him. Hit him. Break his helmet. Vex fight fun. Victory needed! Claw him! Kill him! And fish hermit. Yes. Yes. Kill fish hermit. Snitch fish hermit. Broke up fight. Sacred fight. Attack them.

'Scar,' I focus on Xisuma instead of the vex snarling in my mind. 'Try to calm down, ok? Ignore the vex. In fact... take this.'

He, smart enough not to get too close, throws something at me. I catch what turns out to be a bee teddy, squishing it enough to let out a small squeak. And then again, squeezing it enough for it to fall silent. And again. The vex fall silent, as transfixed as I am by the noise.

'Are the vex gone now?' 

Again, Xisuma has to snap me back to attention. I nod, but don't let go of the teddy. 

'Yes.'

'Good. Now, what happened?'

'Cub got mad at me for pushing Hypno.' I start explaining. 'Then he challenged me to a vex fight and I was p***ed off that he was taking it that far, and being really unresponsive just telling me to stand still and stay silent... and so I accepted.'

'A vex fight?'

'Where 2 vexlings fight. Often to the death.' Even though the vex are gone, my anger still rises, my claws tightening on the teddy. 'I pushed 1 hermit and said one thing and he initiated a f***ing vex fight...'

'Language, Scar. So you started this fight and... what? What were you hoping for? Except serious injury to one or both of you.'

'I was hoping he'd understand what a stupid idea fighting was. BEFORE that point. The vex took over a bit, but that always happens. Cub KNOWS that- Ow!' xB backs off from where he was dabbing some stinging potion on my arm. 

'Sorry.'

'Scar, try to calm down. Take deep breaths, try not to think about Cub.'

'I can't believe him...' I mutter back, ignoring. 'I can't believe he'd take it this far...' Tears blur my vision. I roughly wipe them away. 'A f***ing vex fight, Cub... Really?! Why the f*** would you...' I try to stifle a sob, but xB's right next to me, noticing immediately.

'Scar? Would you like a hug?'

I glance over at the guardian hybrid, eventually nodding. He hugs me, and I hug back, unable to stop myself from crying. Cub's mad at me. Properly mad at me. And I just got mad back. I let the Vex take control and I attacked him. 

'It'll be alright, Scar.' A hand on my shoulder of Xisuma comforting me too. 'I forgive you, and I know Cub will too, if you give him time... How are your injuries?'

'Better,' I admit. I glance at xB. 'Thanks.'

'No problem.'

'If that's all sorted, you're free to go while I check on Cub.'

'Thanks, X.' I stand. 'I'm sorry for all this. I just didn't expect Cub to take it this far, even with the stupid Vex.'

'I understand. Now go rest somewhere. Oh, and you can keep Benjamin Beeson.' 

And he walks down into the lab.

PoV: Cub

It doesn't matter how many potions I put over my physical injuries, I'm still hurting too much. Scar broke my trust. Completely. He messed around around stuff I explicitly told him was dangerous, and then didn't care when I tried to tell him off for it. The vex I'd been trying to stifle, stop from yelling at Scar, took over. And we hurt each other.

'Cub?' Xisuma's voice reaches me where I'm sat in the corner of my lab. 'I want to talk.'

'Come in.'

X enters, spotting me.

'How are your injuries?'

'Bad,' I admit. 'Scar... Scar sure can get violent...' I can't play it off as a joke. 'I'm sorry. It's... a lot.'

'It's alright.' Xisuma puts a hand on my shoulder. 'Just tell me what happened.'

'Well... Scar was helping me make potions. I stepped out for a minute, telling him to not touch anything. The next thing...' I take a deep breath, trying not to think about the pure panic I felt. 'The next thing I know, Scar's screaming for help. I run over, Hypno's got acid burns, saying Scar pushed him into a shelf. As a joke. No reason, no vex... I tried ignoring him as I calmed down, until I could explain calmly, but he just kept asking questions. I tried to explain... Then he argued back and... I lost it. The vex convinced me he'd see I was seriously upset if I threatened a vex fight. But he just accepted it.'

'You started the fight because...'

'Because he was acting like it was nothing. He could've been seriously hurt, and he just didn't care. And Hypno could've been hurt worse. I know I overreacted but I just...' 

'You were worried for his safety.'

'Always.' I fall silent, fiddling with my vex necklace for a moment. 'How's Scar doing?'

'He's physically alright. But he's not over you initiating the fight. He's worried you're mad at him.'

'I'm not.' I reply. 'I think that's the worst thing... I hate having to tell Scar off. I can't hate him, or get mad at him. Even though he makes some stupid choices, and I hate what he did. That's why it hurt so much that he didn't understand how I felt.'

'That makes sense. Do you want to try and make up with him now or...'

'Not now. Later. I- we need time to recover.'

'Alright. I'll let you rest down here.'

'Thanks X.'

Might be part 4.

Also might not be.