chapter 12

I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling while smoking a joint blasting the 'Born To Die - The Paradise Edition' by Lana Del Ray album.

It's 12 pm on thanksgiving day and the depression has crept in.

Landon had went on a family trip to Vermont with his family to go see his grandparents.

To be frank, I didn't really care to eat with Carols family either so she was off the table.

I pick up my phone as my thumb hovers over Augusts contact but I refused to make my depression even worse. So instead I had rung up Brock because I knew he was still in town.

"Hey Lav, you alright? I hear 'Dark Paradise' in the background, good taste by the way" Brock says.

"Thanks B, I'm fine really I just wanted to um, I wanted to know what you're up to for the day" I say as I exhale.

"Um I am assuming the same thing you're doing-" he says before I cut him off.

"Oh so you're smoking a joint blasting sad music and since you'll have the munchies you'll laugh and talk to yourself about how good the TV dinner is and then cry to yourself because, well this is a holiday for family?" I question sarcastically.

Silence was heard on the line. I assume he's trying to detect if I'm joking or not.

"I'll pick you up in 10" he says seriously and then hangs up.

After I recover from a bit of shock, I hurry and put out the joint before going to my closet.

I look for something nice to wear since I'll be a guest.

I spot a black babydoll dress hanging in my closet so I rush to put that on. Since I'm assuming shoes don't matter I put on my black and white high top converse.

I go in the mirror to look at my hair and a once over of my face. I took my eyebrow piercing out a few days ago, it was starting to be a pain anyways.

I then brush out my hair to straighten it since it was getting unruly.

I hear the door bell ring and put eyedrops in my eyes along with putting perfume on.

As I open the door I see Brock and he looks hot. I stand still, nervous all of a sudden.

He has a white dress shirt on along with black dress pants. His blonde hair looks as soft as ever along with the scent of his cologne.

When I start to apologize for staring, I see his eyes just meeting mine. He then smiles at me and takes my hand to lead me to his car.

As he opens the door for me to his car he whispers, "You look beautiful Lavendar. I also smelt pot from the entryway of your house and sharing is caring."

I laugh as he gets into the drivers seat and ruffle his hair.

As we walk into his home I see a chaotic family. Kids everywhere, drunk adult men watching football and a group of moms drinking wine in the kitchen.

"Oh hi darling who's this?" Brock's mom says as she smiles warmly at me.

"This is Lavendar and we're going to my room" he says while trying to rush me upstairs.

"Oh my goodness, THE Lavendar? My son doesn't shut up about you. It's so nice to meet the girl who makes my son happy!" she says while pulling me in for a hug.

"Aw thank you so much, I'm honestly shocked he talks about me that's so sweet" I say as I smile at him.

When I do I see a flash of something in his eyes. A look of adoration and yearning.

"Oh honey I forgot to say the Millers are coming over. Once I mentioned that it's basically a party over here, I insisted Shelby that she comes and brings August too. I noticed he hasn't been around lately so it'll be a perfect moment for you guys to catch up" she rambles on before she goes back to the kitchen.

As we rush up to his room I take in everything, from the look to the scent.

It smells of vanilla seeing as there are candles lining up on a shelf. Light blue walls, white furniture and a king size bed. Everything was neat but you could tell a teen boy lived here.

"Man I can't believe he's actually coming? I missed him like crazy but what he did was unforgivable and I don't know if I can move past that" he says.

"But you've forgiven Carol right? Why is it harder to forgive him than her?" I ask intrigued.

"I haven't fully forgiven her, I just felt bad seeing her having a meltdown. But he was my brother, we literally grew up together since our moms are best friends. So for him to cross that line after all we've been through and not even apologize to me... that's mind blowing" he says looking hurt.

"Wanna smoke?" I ask smiling trying to lift the mood.

Brock's mom asked could we run out to the store. So we smoke in the grocery store parking lot after getting what she needed.

We pull up to see two new cars and Augusts truck parked in their driveway.

Even thought we were high, I looked over to see Brock tense up at the sight of his truck.

I take a hold of his hand and tell him it's going to be okay and gave him the eyedrops and put some in myself.

As we're about to walk in we stop to look at each other and start laughing. At what, I don't know it was like this whole ordeal was so random.

When we walk in I see the same set of people and then look at Brock to see him confused as well.

We look at each other about to laugh but stayed calm when we heard his mom call him and meet us in the living room.

"Oh honey you're just in time, I'm glad you ran to the store because Carol and her family are here. Also why didn't you tell me August had a new girlfriend?" she says smiling.

Then it was my turn to tense up. I then feel the squeeze from Brock's hand for comfort.

"Where are they?" Brock asks sternly.

"I believe they went to the pool house, and once you're in there please tell all of them dinner will be ready in a second. Also, since they're a lot of people they'll have to eat in there because there's no room in here. It'll be like a little party" she says as she rushes off.

"Should we go smoke again?" I ask.

"Way ahead of you" he says as he gave me a gummy.

After we ate ours he led me to the pool house.

And let the fun begin.