Chapter#11

Not edited.

Mahnoor's POV:

It has been three weeks since I got here but it feels like ages... maybe it's really been ages, I just lost the track of time. Sitting on the floor I was staring into space, thinking something. But what? I don't know.

My mind, my thoughts, my emotions, my senses everything was clouded. My tears also dried after crying for days. I don't feel anything now, except for the emotion of loss and guilt. All the things that happened that day were because of me...It was all because of me.

"Mano?" I turned my head to the source of the voice and found Kanwal running over to me. Bending down she pulled me over to sit on the bed.

"You are crying again, Mano!" She cupped my face.

"I am?" I asked and she nodded wiping my tears with her thumbs.

"I didn't realize." I murmured, as Kanwal hugged me tightly.

"Mano you're going to kill yourself... stop this, please ... I beg you."

"Kanwal, do you know where is Bhai? Can you take me to him?" I asked after a long silence.

"I don't know where he is, but I can assure you he is fine."

"You're telling me truth na?"

"Why would I lie to you?"

"I don't know... I don't know anything... I am sorry Kanwal I don't know anything ..... I don't know what to do... I don't know what to say ... I don't know what to feel... I don't know anything Kanwal." I started to shake my head violently and my tears start making my face wet.

"Ssshhh!.. you will know ... I will tell you, whatever you like to know okay." She said me patting my back.

Both of us kept quiet for several minutes.

"Why did he do that? ...Why did he kill Kamil?" I managed to ask when my sobs died down a bit.

"You're talking about Moosa?"

I nodded, I hate calling his name.

"You didn't know yet?" My body stiffened remembering the day when he came to see me before leaving.

"I know ... but I am not sure if it's really true." I mumbled.

"It's true Mano... he likes you... more like, love you. Remember the first time I called you? Moosa asks Ahad to allow me. That day Ahad told me about it. I wanted to tell you but never get the chance. I also didn't know you were getting married to Kamil until you Nikah day." She mumbled the last part.

"If he- if he really l-loved me. He wouldn't kill my husband."

"I know. I shouldn't be saying this but Mano it will be better if you open your eyes now." She sounds hesitant, also didn't make eye contact.

"Kanwal, say it clearly. What's on your mind?"

"Moosa has a reason to bring you here... ever thought about it." I gave her a questioning look.

"He wanted you before and he wants you now..... he didn't bring you here to console to you. He killed Kamil and held captive your brother..... why?"

Why?

Why...?

No way...

I looked at her in horror.

"He wants to marry you after his return ... he already told everyone... Kamil will not come back... no matter how much you hate him, he is past. But you still have a present and also future, get over with it Mano. There are other things to worry about. Sooner or later you will confront Moosa, what will you do then?"