Chapter # 52

*Song: Tere bin nahi lagda by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (Added the video with English subtitle)

Mahnoor's POV:

"Bhabi, what are you trying to do?" Owais Bhai asked after a loud sigh.

"Nothing. I am just trying to spend time." I shrugged.

"By destroying his office?"

"I am not destroying. It's called cleaning." I answered, raising my head to look at him.

"Servants do the cleaning daily."

"Well, they cannot do what a wife can do." I said before opening another of his desk drawer.

"Bhabi please."

"You know Owais Bhai, this is the first time you are talking to me properly. So why don't we talk about something else, something nice because I am not going anywhere." He sighed again and left.

I chuckled on hearing the door closing sound. Owais Bhai really was a sweet guy and whenever he talks to girls, his face gets all red, it is so fun to tease him. We rarely talk because he is often busy and is always with Moosa.

Speaking of Moosa, he hasn't contacted me in the last two days. I know he could be busy and all, but at least he could text once. It irritated me to the point that I ate almost seven packs of chips and if Shahina wasn't there to stop me, I would have eaten more.

Now I have nothing to do except study. I often found myself thinking about his work too. So I decided to do a search operation in his office, but I didn't get a single piece of information in this huge room. Shaking my head in disappointment, I glanced outside the window. The weather was pleasant today and the game of hiding and seek between the clouds and the sun made it even more beautiful.

My friends and I used to skip our classes during this weather to eat ice cream and afterwards we would eat hot Samosa. It was quite strange to eat Samosa after ice cream but we were like this. However, things change with time and now I am sitting here, sulking on my husband's carelessness instead of enjoying the weather.

Why does he have to go now? He could go during my exams. How am I supposed to spend my time here alone? Yawar was also not here and he didn't bother to call me, some friend he is. I pout, slumping myself on his seat.

I miss him...

There was no denying it and no matter how much I try to divert my mind, I always end up thinking about him. His gaze, his touch, his soft hair, his warm breaths and the feeling of safety I get whenever he holds me in his arms. I wish I could tell him that this house is not home without him. It feels empty, so does my heart and I didn't like this empty feeling inside me.

Now I realize the feeling of missing someone...

I put my head on his desk and closed my eyes.

He makes me acquainted with another emotion...

~*~

I packed my stuff and started switching channels while waiting for Natasha. She asked me or should I say ordered me to stay with her for a few days. She believed that I should enjoy myself during Moosa's absence and now she was coming to pick me up.

Papa also called me yesterday and when I informed him that Moosa was out of the country because of work, he also asked me to visit home but I found myself reluctant to say yes. Half of the reason for my hesitation was Bhai and the other half was Moosa. I didn't want to go there without informing him.

"Bhabi?" I came out from my thoughts on hearing Shahina's voice.

"Hm?"

"Owais Bhai told me to give you this." She said, handing over a phone to me and I gave her a questioning look.