Chapter Thirteen

With all the stress happening in my life the last thing I wanted to hear was that my grandparents are to town. Making me feel more alienated at home. It just never felt the same without Baba. Don't get me wrong I love My grand parents especially Daadi. She cooks the most amazing food but whenever I'm around Daada I don't feel good enough for him. I feel as though he has serious dislike for me that I can't really comprehend why. And with him coming I've been on stress overload not to mention Daniels proposal. Which honestly I'm not ready for. And ever since chacha heard of the coming of Daada and Daada he's been stress me out to pack and run. Let's just say that Daada isn't the most easiest going person he's a very serious and strict person who doesn't approve of chacha's life style.
I just can't believe it took them this long to come to the states considers Baba is comatose. They are supposed to arrive tonight.
Even with a busy day at work I couldn't shake off the bad feeling that was hovering over me. Like everything was going to turn out a disaster. Hanaan's prep talk didn't even help shake it off. When I got the text from Baheeja saying that they were already here and on their way home which is thirty minutes from the airport I decided to stop by Chacha's place and drag him along with me because I wasn't going to face them alone  with the help of my unforgettable friends Isabel and Maria. We drawer him out of his hiding place which was Maria's idea asking him for a ride to Maria's place which was the building next door and we could meet everyone on the parking lot. My poor uncle fell for it. Considering it was kinda gross when he first started flirting with both Isabel and Maria. It should be gross that Maria was flirting back in her own way but it was entertaining because she was dissing him and telling him all the ways she would torture him and literally cackling like the wicked wish of the west. Chacha's expression was priceless.
"Damn girl you have no cool." He finally said shutting up until he saw in the parking lot Aunty Janaah's husband unloading suitcases from the trunk and my grand parents getting out of the car.
"Shit!! Shit!!! Shit!!." He exclaimed trying yet failing to duck as he spotted them as he ended up on my lap. I waved at Daadi as we made eye contact she smiled and waved back. Which caused Daada to look in my general direction.
"How could you do this to me?" Chacha hissed
"You're a big boy face it you are so not leaving me to be slaughtered. It's time to face the music." I told him ushering him out of the car after saying my salaam's to Isabel and Maria as they both got out and went up to Maria's home.
"Ami!!" Chacha called out to Daadi as he got out of the car and stretched his arms out and when to her giving her a  massive tight huge and kissing both her cheeks
"Beta I missed you too." Daadi said kissing and hugging him back it was a very beautiful scene seeing their interaction.
"Ami how have you been are you? How have you been doing?" Chacha asked when they broke off the huge
"Why would you care you never call or visit us. Isn't along that now irrelevant at this moment if you actually cared." Daada snapped at him cutting Daadi off before she could answer. "Let's go inside people." Daada Commanded following Aunty Janaah's husband to the apartment building dragging a suite case with him.
"Let's go beta." Daadi said reassuringly trying to calm chacha down
"Ami don't worry I'm not a very, but ami aren't forgetting something That's Aziza our Aziza." Chacha said excitedly pointing at me like a little kid
"Aziza poti! Ya Allah your have grown up come her poti let me see you MashaAllah you as so grown up now MashaAllah and so beautiful."she said looking at me and in arms length and hugging me bring all along I was smiling. Daadi is one of my favorite people she always has a way of easing someone and bringing a smile upon them
"Ami she got he good looks from you how could she not be good looking when you and I are really good looking." Chacha boasted getting a laugh out of Daadi
"Come we got people we can talk inside." She said with me in her left arm and chacha in her right.
Inside there was only ami Baheera, Baheeja and Daada since the other guy left. He didn't want to stay for dinner. Considering the tension between Daada and Chacha I wouldn't want to stay either if I was him.
"So you are still not Married and still disgracing the family name as usual aren't you Bilal."
"Pa you know so much about me don't you MashaAllah." Chacha said sarcastically clapping his hands.
"I usually don't care what you do with your life. What I'm wondering is what are you doing here."
"Well Pa my niece is here and my brother is in the hospital."
"Don't talk to me like that boy from what I heard so far you are trying to start a rebellions and causing trouble with your sister-in-law. And I don't appreciate you ruining your brothers family with this  tantrum of yours. Honestly when are you ever going to grow up."
Baheeja and Baheera were hiding in the kitchen at that moment I wanted nothing else but to go there unnoticed  but I couldn't leave chacha there hanging and being pushed over the edge.
"Daada Kya haal hey?." I spoke up reverting his attention to me so he could get off chacha's case.
"Aap kaon hain?" He asked throwing me off guard I mean why would he asked me who I was I was his granddaughter shouldn't he know that.
"Shaohar it's Aziza Kareem's daughter."
"She looks older now. Wow how old is she now?"
"Eighteen." Ami answered
"And she isn't married yet?"
"We are finding a match for her one of Janaah's sons Sussar."
I bit my tongue and held my breath. I try to sit quietly and agree with him politely nodding with everything he was saying as he and Ami discussed about my future even though I disagreed with him but from what I knew of Daada no one disagrees with him his words were law. He had a way of making you feel ungrateful and that you had no choice because you were nothing if you tried disagree with. He kept talking to ami about me referring to me as if I wasn't sitting in the room. He made me feel like I was invisible. Making me I hadn't decided to come home tonight. I felt like I was being Cornered once the conversation got to me even with chacha trying to divert the conversation to him it became all about me with out me having any say in it they even started planing the which day to make the wedding day. Chacha went back to the place he was staying the twins ended up sleeping with Ami and Daada and Daadi slept in the twins room. I could hardly slept in my usual place considering all that was on my mind In the morning ami was the first person to get out of the rooms I decided since we were alone I should talk to her about what happened last night but it all backfired
"If you aren't going to listen to me and follow my wishes I don't see why you and I should be living together. You aren't a minor anymore nor do I have any obligations to you. You can choose to follow my wishes and marry Your Aunt's son or you can leave this house and become a homeless person who sleeps from one hour to another till all your friends get tired with you."
She did have a point I can't keep staying at my friends places it will only burden them, but I still can't force myself to marry Saleh or Ibrahim their too much of a mama's boys their mom runs their life and does everything for them, they don't have a sense of humor and I'm not attracted to them in anyway. So I'm not sure a marriage life with them would turn out to be a happy one.
"I can't do that."
"Well then pack your bags and get out." It hurt that she said that to me. I didn't know what to say so I just took my bag and left the apartment building and took the bus to the place my uncle was staying. Before realizing today was the day he was leaving. Considering how dinner ended last night I doubt he would stay another day. Getting off the bus near the diner I pulled out the black box Daniel gave me and stared at it

"I think of all the years I want to be with you Waking up every morning with you by my side
I want to be the to buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life. Be there with you when all your dreams and wishes come true.
And I hope that one day we'll forever be in love. No other girl can make me feel like this but you if you believe in soul mate and destiny or fate I think you might be my other half and we are meant to be. So Aziza. will. you. marry. me. " He finished off by opening little black box with a ring inside. At that moment I swear my hear was beating through my ears considering how shock I was he added "I know getting married at this moment might be the last thing on your mind but hold on to this ring and think about it when you decide. If you decide to say yes wear it and call me anytime." He said handing me the black box with the ring."
Thinking back I decided this might be my chance to escape saying yes to someone I actually enjoy being with I told myself taking the ring out and slipping it in my ring finger. It was a perfect fit.

Please don't forget to VOTE! and COMMENT! Your support really mean a lot💞