Chapter 6

It's been my fourth week here, making it an official month since I've started at this school and since well you know, Camila. By this point I didn't know what to believe or conclude. Maybe I hallucinated all of it? Psh, no that couldn't be it. I sighed as I walked the now familiar steps to school. My arrival here had died down by now. I would still get the occasional stares and guys AND girls coming up to me to see if I was single or not. I didn't necessarily bother me as much as it did in the beginning but it was flattering especially with the girls.

"Hey lil mama!" I heard Dinah call out as she jogged up to me. I smiled and briefly stopped for her to catch up then continued walking along side.

"Hey Dinah," I greeted with a smile. Even though it had only been a month, I can honestly say me and the Polynesian girl had gotten rather close. Of course with Ally and Normani just behind.

"I can't believe you've only been here one month, it's weird how fast time passes huh?" Dinah said while putting an arm around my shoulder. I laughed a little before moving away so I could get to my locker.

"Yea I know, I was just thinking that this morning. It doesn't even feel like a month in all honesty." I said opening up my locker to get my essential things. I looked at myself briefly in the mirror to make sure my makeup was alright. I caught the reflection of the lockers from behind me and stared at one straight across. Camila. It's been a pretty long time since I've seen her. I sighed as I got the rest of my things.

"Um...Lauren?" Dinah waved her hand in front of me. I flinched a little. "Oh sorry, are you okay?" She asked concerned. I waved her off.

"Yea yea, and no it's okay. I was just lost in thoughts." I assured.

"Well you do that a lot. It's like I'm having a one side conversation sometimes." She chuckled while leaning against the lockers.

"Sorry." I apologized with a sheepish smile.

"Nah its fine. I'm use to it, especially with Camila. She gets lost in that head of hers quiet a lot too." She laughed again. I just smiled slightly back.

"Are you sure your okay?" Dinah asked once more.

"100% positive my queen." I giggled as she smirked.

"Now that's what I like to hear. Come on goofball let's get some breakfast. Ally and Normani had told me to meet them there, plus I'm hungry and you can't control this Polynesian appetite." She patted her belly as I laughed. She wrapped her arm loosely around my shoulder, which she did quite a lot but I didn't mind at all. People here were a lot more affectionate then where I was, so I got used to it pretty quick.

We headed to the cafeteria where it was filled with people. We had spotted Ally and Normani easily as they immediately started waving their hands like crazy to get our attention. I giggled at the sight as we made our way to them.

"Wow almost couldn't spot you guys with you waving your hands and arms like maniacs." Dinah playfully said sarcastically as we sat down across from the two.

"Hey we were just making sure you could see us." Ally defended themselves.

"Yea we spotted you both alright." I chuckled poking her cheek as she pouted.

"We're just messing with you allycat." Dinah laughed lightly hitting her arm.

"Don't worry Ally, next time we won't invite the two of them and just have this homemade French toast my mom made, all to ourselves." Normani stuck her tongue out as Ally laughed. Dinah gasped holding her chest.

"You brought your mom's homemade French toast?!"

"That's right I did, and guess who's not getting any." Normani smirked, holding out the small container and moving it in front of Dinah's face, teasing her. I had to admit, they did smell hella good.