Chapter 29

As I gathered up my stuff from my last class of the day, a girl who I never seen before walks up to me with a snooty expression.

"So are you and that freak dating?" She asked with disgust. I looked over at her making sure she knew who she was talking to.

Her fake blonde hair and over did make up ended up making me laugh. Which only caused her to look more pissed.

"Don't know what 'freak' you're talking about." I shrugged and moved around her, not giving her another second of my time.

"You shouldn't be near that girl! She's not-"

"Normal?" I looked back with a sly smile. She paused looking taken back that I had known what she was gonna say before she said it.

"Thanks but I think I can handle it."
I shook my head and let out a breathy laugh. "Trust me." I muttered it more to myself.

Without another word, I walked out and found Camila waiting patiently for me. She smiled as soon as she saw me and quickly glanced behind me before walking towards me. I looked back and the same girl from earlier was watching us from afar.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Camila's hand. "Let's go." I muttered irritated. Camila didn't get a chance to speak as I yanked her out of the school.

"Seriously though?! Like it's been forever can't they just move on already?" I practically yelled at no one in particular. I was just angry from holding it in all day.

I felt Camila's thumb brush over the back of my hand, giving it a soothing rub. "It's okay Lo, people will always have an opinion on me. I don't mind anymore." She shrugged as she continued to walk to my car.

I mentally screamed from her cute nickname for me. But I wanted to remain in my stance so I acted like I didn't notice. 

I sighed, "I know but doesn't mean they have the right to."

We made it to my car before Camila released my hand and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I like it that you care." She smiled making her way to the passenger seat. We both got in as I started the car. Wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

"I'll always care camz." I smiled at her and re held her hand. A tiny blush came over her cheeks.

"I like that."

I put the car in gear and started driving home, still holding Camila's cold soft hand. I glanced over at her, "like what?"

She leaned over and pecked my cheek once more, "Camz...I like that." I smiled back at her and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Well, you called me Lo so I'll call you camz." I compromised, sending a playful wink at her.

"My LoLo." She whispered out loud, not knowing she actually said it. I chuckled and brought her hand up to my lips.

"My Camz."

**

I walked up the steps to my house with Camila's hand locked into mine. Happy as ever to be home but that quickly changed. For as soon as we stepped in, my heart almost stopped.

I saw a confused Ally, a stern looking Normani, and a scared/nervous looking Dinah.

I cleared my throat as the tension thickened in the air. "Uh hey guys..." I greeted awkwardly.

Ally had flew to Texas for a while to visit family and invited Normani too, so she could also have the chance to visit her's.

"Hey Lauren." Ally greeted nicely, looking at Camila weirdly before stepping in to hug me. "It's been a while huh?" She smiled pulling back from the short hug. I nodded, awkwardly smiling. Still not comfortable with what was going on.