Part Seven: Dreaming in the Palace

Averia walked the palace alone in the dark. She walked on stone, but her feet did not seem to feel the floor beneath them. Farther and farther she went, until the great hall was before her. This was where most matters of state were conducted. Trials, celebrations, everything. This was where Averia would be married one day from the morning. She almost saw Nasim there. Grouchy, ugly, and greedy. She tried to imagine going to meet him as her groom....but she could not. Instead, his face changed to that of another. This man was handsome, with kind eyes. Did Averia know this man? Yes....Governor Olek. She walked down the stones to meet him. Before she reached him, he disappeared. Instead of a priest to marry them, now stood before her none other than Fahimah.
----------------------------
Averia lost track of how long Fahimah talked. All were wise ideas, all were taken to heart. There was no doubt in Averia's mind now that this jeweler was Arabia's Helper, and the maker of the Keys. At last Fahimah stopped. Looking Averia in the face, she said one more thing: "You know what you must do." Averia bowed her head. When she looked up, Fahimah was gone. And then Averia awoke from her dream. Rising quickly from her bed, Averia raced to the window. The moonlight shone down upon the balcony railing below. Wait...what was that? There, on the window sill? Averia pulled it to her. A short, curved sword in a jeweled scabbard lay there. Averia looked at it and sighed. She had two things she must do. She must save her family. And she must find Governor Olek.