Chapter 7

Ruh's Pov: 

"I love reading poems..." Said a barely adult girl who looked like me.

"I'm sure you do. You're smart, I'm an idiot." Said a boy. 

The dream faded as I was prodded.

"Ruh! Wake up! Please wake up or we'll be late..."

I opened my eyes and sat up to look at Ila watching me with keen eyes. I requested her to prepare a bath for me and she left shortly after. I tried to reminiscence the dream. The girl looked so similar to me, only younger.

My cheeks stained red, Did I just dream about my future children? Our children? A boy and a girl.

I slapped myself. Stupid Ruh... He just gave you bangles not his heart. Getting out of the bed, I walked towards the Hamam. 

After dressing up, I remembered my mother in law was arriving today. 

“Your Majesty?"

"Yes?"

"The Dowager Empress has asked for you."

I stared at the servant girl. "What? She already arrived?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, she arrived at dawn."

"Hmm, you can leave now."

I quickly got dressed and went outside as the servant girl led the way. Taking a huge breath I entered my mother-in-law's chambers. I've heard stories about mother-in-laws being cruel. My hands were shaking, I knotted them to stop them.

As I entered I saw an old lady reading from what it seemed a booklet containing poems. Though she was old, her face glowed as if it held eternal youth.

"Greetings Ruh Begum." She said.

"Greetings dowager empress." I said referring to her title.

"Interesting set of poems I have here,
I pass by these walls, the walls of Layla
And I kiss this wall and that wall
It's not Love of the walls that has enraptured my heart
But of the One who dwells within them"

"Do you know where these are from?"
She asked.

"No."

"Very well, sit down begum, this was a phrase that Majnun wrote for Laila."

    Analysing my confused expression, "You don't know who they are, do you?"

Embarrassingly I nodded my head sideways to signal no.

"Begum, next time you meet me, I want you to know about them."
I nodded furiously.

"You don't seem the killing type." She said looking at me up and down.

I choked on my own saliva.

"I-I-What?"

"Thought so. You are too naïve to kill Salim, but my son doesn't think so, he thinks you murdered him." She said softly closing her booklet.