Chapter 12

If you guys want to know Jellal x Nadiya's story, it's Till Death Do Us Apart, it's the prequel. If you guys want, you can read it.

****

"Do you remember that pond?" I asked her. "Where we used to meet?"

We were both walking the corridors. She interlaced her fingers into mine and smiled. "Why don't we go there again?" She dragged me completely opposite to the direction of the pond.

"Nadiya? That's not the right way!"

"I thought it was this way! I'm sorry it's just... it's been so long..." She said.

I tugged her at the right direction. "Where were you all these days, Nadiya?" I asked her.

"I-I roamed around. I heard you became the emperor and came back to you."

"I-I missed you so much." I said scratching the back of my head.

"I missed you too, Jellal."

We didn't even realise we had reached the pond. I found a pair of eyes staring at us. It held so much pain, it struck the strings of my heart.

"I'll just leave." Ruh said.

Looking down she started walking towards us. How she missed the boulder even while looking down amazed me. She stumbled on the stone. And I caught her shoulders before she fell.

And she looked up at that moment. I didn't even know how much I missed her eyes till that moment. I missed how she looked at me, as stupid as it sounds. Her eyes were beautiful. They were so brown, so dark, anyone would mistake them for black ones.

But the veins in her eyes stood out, her eyes were swollen, dark rings surrounding them. I frowned at that. She wasn't sleeping, she cried a lot last night. How did I know? No idea. I just did.

I pulled her up straight and before I could ask her was she ok, she had walked away. All I could do was look at her retreating figure.

"Jellal!" Nadiya rose her voice.

"Huh?" I looked at her. She seemed annoyed.

"Nothing, let's go sit." She said tugging at my arm.

I looked back again, she wasn't there. She had left. An annoying sadness erupted in my heart. Why was I even sad? Confused, I sat down beside Nadiya.

I shook my head. I need to forget her.

"You remember that time when I pushed you in this pond?" I asked her.

She took a pebble and tossed it into the pond and it skipped twice causing ripples and drowned.

"Ofcourse! How could I forget, Jellal?"

She leaned closer to me. Her fingers traced my cheek bones. Ruh's face flashed before my eyes. My head decided to remind me of the kiss I had shared with her.

I got hold of her fingers on my cheek and lowered it down. Her face was still closer to mine. Her eyes weren't like Ruh's. They were just plain and black. And in that moment she had somehow managed to lean in closer.

My heart was thumping, it was not out of affection. It was out of fear. My ears were ringing. A hurt Ruh's face flashed before me. What if she saw this? Knew about this? She won't. She had left. My own mind was in fight with itself.