Chapter nine

I laid in my bed in utter boredom, I sighed and pulled the covers over my head. I didn't have anything to do today which is surprising because I always had something to do. I'm always either painting, watching a movie, reading or just playing with Mickey. But I didn't feel like doing any of those things, I wanted to do something new. I was tired of going to parties, it was the same old thing over and over. Dancing, people screaming, alcohol, smoking, making out, grinding, etc.

Okay woah! When did I become a party pooper? I love parties! So why am I acting like it's the most boring thing in the world? Is it because I stopped taking my pills? The doctors gave me pills because I have terrible nightmares but I argued with him that I don't remember them in the morning so I didn't need them, but my parents insisted that I took them. So my argument was invalid.

I sighed and curled up into a ball. It was cold in the house because the heater stopped working for some reason and my dad needed a few days to fix it. It was more cold in the house than outside and if the house gets any colder, I'll be staying in the hospital for months. Though, I wouldn't mind, because then I would get to see Dr. Light.

I smiled when I thought about him, he was so kind and nice. Someone you could trust instantly, almost like a spark. Or a magnetic pull that you can't describe and it was weird. Most people don't trust doctors because a person's life is in their hands and they hate that but Dr.Light wasn't like that, he makes you trust him instantly. Which is kinda rare nowadays. I can't explain it. I took the covers off and stared at the ceiling. I painted my ceiling a midnight blue and twinkling bright stars just like outside when it gets really dark in the fall.

Tomorrow was Thanksgiving and that meant having to go to my family members dinner party. Which I didn't mind but sometimes it gets a little annoying. I mean my family are always asking what do I want to do with my life. Like I don't know! Can I live my life without having to worry about what I have to do in life! Jeez, I can't catch a break with them. I rubbed my eyes and groaned.

...

I needed to get out the house. I threw off the covers and immediately took off my pajamas. I went to my bathroom which was an ensuite. I turned on my shower, made sure it was the right temperature and stepped in. As I cleansed myself, I began to wonder as to what was wrong with me? I've been feeling weird, like I miss someone or something and I couldn't understand it.  I have everything that I need, a family, a good house and friends. What more could I want?

I got frustrated so I shut the faucet and stepped out the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and went to my room. I decorated my room neatly. I painted my walls a nice shade of blue, with small lanterns around my room. My bed that has floral print on it, though it was a mess because I flung my blanket off me, was decorated nicely with pink pale flowers. I opened my black oak drawers and plucked out a beige bra and panties. I placed them on while putting deodorant and lotion. Now it was time for me to find something to wear, I went towards my closet and opened it.

I scanned all the clothes that I had and sighed. I have no idea what to wear even though I have a lot of clothing. I mean they are very cute and all but it's so hard to pick. Strange, isn't it? I finally grabbed a pink sweater and put it on. I went towards the drawers that was under my bed that I had put my jeans in. I pulled out dark blue jeans and put them on. I closed it and went to my closet again and grabbed my brown boots.

I was finally dressed. I grabbed my black beanie and put my hair into pig tails and then I left my room. I went down the stairs and into the kitchen. I heard growling and saw Mickey chewing on a piece of paper.

"Mickey! What are you doing!?," I quickly went towards him and bent down to grab the paper. He fought with me with the paper. "No! Bad dog!"

I yanked the paper away from him and he growled at me. I glared at him and then looked at the paper he was chewing on. It was flyer for the Fall's festival. There's gonna be fireworks! This is just what I needed! A change!

I squealed and kissed Mickey's head. He licked my face in happiness.

"Thanks Mick," I say as I got up and left on the kitchen floor. I turned back towards him and grinned. "I'll be back soon!".

I walked out of the house and grinned at the chewed up flyer. A change. Just what I needed.