Chapter 25

Yassen tugged his hoodie a little higher as he walked through the street, pondering how Alex would react. He was on his way to Alex's house after the ninth week since his 'death'. He was so deep in his thoughts that he couldn't dodge when someone was approaching him so quickly. "Oh my god. I'm so sor- Yassen?" Said man's head snapped up immediately at his name being called out. Eagle. "You're- you f*ing bastard!" Wolf recovered from his shock and he punched Yassen, he instinctively raised an arm to block the blow towards his face. That was one hell of a punch, his arm was throbbing slightly from the impact. Wolf glared at him angrily and grabbed a fist full of Yassen's hoodie and shook him angrily. "Do you know what you did?!" Wolf growled.
"Calm down Tyler. Everyone is watching." Snake tried to get Wolf to calm down.
"They can be damned! Do you have any idea what you did! How could you just disappear and not even inform him of anything! You could have sent a discreet message or something to at least tell him you're alive! He was in so much pain! He went on mission after mission after mission. Country after country. No breaks! He only took one when the heads of '6 forced him to f*ing stop. Then he fell ill. There was no one home and he was so sick and injured he would have died if we didn't arrive at the time we did!
Someone slit his throat and he managed to survive that and went on a mission immediately after his throat was silt, still suffering from being hospitalised for pneumonia and it barely healed! He was running himself to the ground with all the stress! He even went on assassination missions, he become so cold and so distant. He broken down crying last week and you know what he said? He said it was so painful that he wanted to die." Wolf ended his angry rant with a whisper that sounded as if he was still not accepting the fact that Alex wanted to die. Yassen's eyes widened slightly, the boy was so strong. He wasn't like this when Jack had died and Jack has been with him longer than Yassen has been with him. Sure he started taking more missions but that was it.
Wolf released Yassen, still glaring at him. "I don't suppose you want to just appear. He is going to have a heart attack literally. His heart is really weak right now, he just got discharged from hospital three days ago. I think he was discharged for a mission. Or maybe twenty."
"Then what do you propose I do?"
"We'll try break it by saying we received Intel that someone spotted you, injured but still alive. He'll probably understand that you were injured hence you couldn't contact him, then we bring you home." Snake said after thinking for a bit. "Let's go have a drink, you have a lot of explaining to do." Snake led them through the night streets of London to a pub. The pub pulsed with music. It was a little crowded but that's normal. It was a popular pub after all. The place was dimmed so it was more comfortable. It was like a night club just no dancing involved and a little brighter. They ordered their drinks after finding a table. Yassen sat in the corner, hiding deeper into the shadows.
"Why are you hiding it's not like Al- is that Alex?" Eagle interrupted himself mid-sentence. Everyone turned to see the boy standing there with a glass of wine, observing everyone. A few people, drunk and sober, tried to flirt with Alex but he brushed them off. One had caught their attention though. The man had picked Alex's drink off him and looked seductively at Alex and then gesturing to the bar. To their surprise, Alex followed him! What is that boy thinking? The guy had bought Alex a drink and after a short whisper he then led him somewhere else. K-unit and Yassen were getting worried. Alex came almost stumbling back out awhile later, a big gigantic hand print steadily getting darker around his scarred neck. A big bruise was forming on his chin as while as if someone had grabbed his chin roughly, along with his wrists that held the same type of bruising. Alex melted into the crowd and was out the door with a big group, bending in, when a loud scream emitted from the area that Alex had walked out from.
Yassen was out the door with K-unit already, they decided to just head home and meet up again tomorrow. The next day, they found out that the man that had led Alex away was a sex predator and he had preyed on an unidentified male - alex - that had managed to escape. He was talking a someone in the back where he had led the male in and he suddenly suffered a heart attack and died on the spot.
"Alex was on a mission yesterday then." Fox concluded.
"An assassination." Snake said.
"Or a retrieval mission. Like a stolen disk or some thing." Eagle pipped in.
"Or both." The voice from behind them made them jump in shock.
"Hiya!" Eagle chirped out cheerfully, waving at the boy standing in front of the stairs. They had all slept at Alex's house seeing it was the closest. Alex made his way into the kitchen to make breakfast and the men moved from the living room to the dining table. "So... Yesterday, about the mission." Eagle started, knowing Alex would get what he was hinting at.
"The poison was in my drink, the one he picked off me. I'm sure you guys saw, I saw Wolf and Eagle sitting down at a table."
"The poison was in your drink?! But you were drinking out of it!"
"I was just pretending to drink while I wait for my target to approach me." Alex said, glancing back, his explanation was a little longer, knowing Eagle would ask silly questions before moving on to a different question of the topic at hand.
"How did you know he was going to approach?"
"He likes boys with a nice small lean frame and is 160+ to170 in height. According to MI6 I fit the description perfectly." Alex said absentmindedly as he served up the omelette. Alex is willing to do missions that almost sells his own body?