Chapter thirty six: one last chance

I wake up to one of the babies crying, but I can't get up from the arm wrapped around me. I groan rolling over and hit Justin's head, lightly, and he stirs. He doesn't let me go though as his grip on me tightens. As much as I would love to stay and cuddle my baby is crying for me.

I bite his arm and he shoots awake rubbing his arm. "What the hell!" He whisper shouts at me his eyes glaring at me. I push the covers off and throw on Justin's sweatshirt, which was on the ground from last night.

"Do you not hear our little angles crying?" I ask as Austin joins his sister. I throw on the shorts that are also on the floor next to the bed and stand up yawning.

"Let me deal with one of them." Justin says getting up and throwing a pair of boxers on. I smile as I walk out of our room and to the babies' room. I open the door and turn on the light. The light illuminates the room and I see Olivia kicking and thrashing around in her crib.

"Oh baby girl." I say as I get to her side. I pick her up and feel she is burning hot. "Justin!" I call panicking. He runs in with wide eyes as he searches the room before meeting my eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asks frantically.

"Olivia is burning hot." I say shakily. He comes to her side and puts the back of his hand to her forehead.

"Nicole, relax. She has a fever." He says taking a calming breath.

"How are you so calm? We need to take her to the hospital!" I say trying to make her stop screaming and crying.

"Nicole, breath. How about I call my mom and have her give us some advice." He offers. I nod my head trying to breath and calm down.

"I'll take her temperature." I say and carry her downstairs to the kitchen. I open the drawer that the baby thermometer is in and take it out.

We have been in our own house now for a few months and it's been fun. The babies have kept us on our toes for sure, but now I'm freaking out and wish Justin's mom was here.

"Yeah mom... No. I don't think so. I'll tell her....okay. No Austin is fine.... Yeah... No you don't have to do that. We are fine..." He holds his hand over the phone and looks at me.

The thermometer beeps and I look to see what it says. I look with wide eyes at Justin and start to panic. "Justin it's at 99." I squeak.

"My mom says to just give her some tylenol." He says calmly. I take deep breaths and nod my head heading to the medicine cabinet.

----

I wake up again but snuggle more into Justin's chest not wanting to get up. His arms are tightly around me and I feel safe. Olivia stopped crying after she had medicine and fell asleep.

Luckily she hasn't woken up again screaming in the night. Austin was easy to calm down and get to sleep again. I sigh content as I feel Justin move one arm and start playing with my hair. I don't move so he thinks I'm sleeping, and because I just don't want to.

I hear him sigh too, and it makes me smile knowing how wonderful our life is. We were one of the lucky teen parents who actually worked through and made it. "I know you're awake." I hear Justin say in his sexy morning voice.

"Damn." I sigh looking up to him. He grins at me and moves me up so he can kiss me. He kisses my lips and my heart beats faster. I move so our chests are touching and I'm lying on him.