Chapter 12

*Lauren's House*

*Lauren's House*

Camila's POV

Again, the GPS had to be used; this time in order to find Lauren's house. Since we had been dating for three weeks now, she decided on taking me there. This meant a lot; it meant that she was taking our relationship more serious now.

As much as I felt comfortable at her friend's apartment, I wanted to get to know her home. Wanted to see where she slept, the decor of her home, everything!

According to Lauren, she was waiting outside of her house already. That alone made me step on the gas, of course it was safely, but I didn't care. I just wanted to see her. Today in class, there was barely any time for us to get close. Lunch, it was spent with my friends. I couldn't hang around in class during all of my breaks; people would start suspecting something.

In class, I was still pretending to be having trouble. Of course she knew I was pretending. She asked me to actually turn in my work and take the tests seriously, that way my grade wasn't being affected. She didn't want to be the cause of my failure.

When I arrived to the address, Lauren was indeed waiting outside. She smiled while directing me to bring my car through the gates. As I did, I looked outside. The black enclosed gates must have been at least twenty feet high.

Her residence seemed really private.

I drove in and stopped behind Lauren's car. When I got out of my car, Lauren was closing the heavy looking gates. My eyes wandered, getting a good look of the place. Well the patio was huge, the house perimeter was surrounded by the same gate that I drove through. There was no way that anyone could ever spy or try and break in.

How could she afford this? Not trying to be mean or anything, but I don't think a teacher's salary could afford this. This house was not just any ordinary house.

Lauren extended her hand out, wanting to hold mine. Hand in hand, we walked into her house. I was amazed when we walked in. The interior was beautiful, spacious, and really neat. Black leather couches and a huge flat screen tv. Okay, how in the world did she afford it?

"How were you able to afford all of this?" I was blown away. "How much does the school pay you?" I joked.

"Not enough for this," she chuckled. "My grandmother left me money when she passed away," she explained.

Ohh, that makes more sense.

"Oh, I'm sorry about your Grandma," I squeezed her hand. It wasn't my intention to bring up the subject, if I would have known, I wouldn't have asked.

"It's okay. It's been a few years now," she brushed it off. Changing the subject, she directed me to the kitchen. "I had just finished cooking before I went outside to wait for you," she informed. The aroma went through my nose, mmm, it smelled delicious.