Chapter 23

Camila's P.O.V

Miss Jauregui has been released.

I couldn't stop re-reading it over and over again as I drove back home. Yes, my plan worked! There was no doubt that it was going to work if my parents really did care about me. And they really did! They were willing to drop the charges if that was going to make me go back.

At least Lauren wasn't going to be in that horrible place anymore. I had to see her, I needed the warmth of her body. Even though it had only been barely two days, it felt like an eternity. I wanted to make sure that she was okay and that she didn't suffer behind bars. God, I knew nothing. Just that she had been released. I tried calling her, but she wouldn't answer me. That worried me. Was she avoiding me or what?

Ugh, I needed to know. I was almost back in town. To make sure of what was going on, I called Dinah. The hand on the steering wheel gripped on, I felt so damn nervous. Hopefully Lauren wasn't avoiding me.

"WALZ!" Dinah screamed into the phone. I was hearing cheering in the background.

"What time was Lauren released?" I asked immediately. There was no answer. "What time was Miss Jauregui released?" I rephrased. She was probably not used to hearing the first name. After all, Lauren was still a teacher in her eyes. It was going to take some time for my friends to get used to the idea.

"She hasn't," she answered, loudly. Mainly because of all the noise.

"What do you mean?" my heart raced. I thought she was supposed to be let free. "Why did you say she was released already?" I questioned, starting to worry again.

"Oh I did? My bad," was her way of apologizing, unbelievable. Was Lauren even going to be released. "Don't worry though, we have been informed that she's being released, first they need to sign some documents, etc," she explained. Oh thank god. My heartbeat went back to normal. That would explain why Lauren wasn't picking up my call. She probably couldn't or didn't even have her phone with her.

"Okay good. Thanks." I was able to breathe again.

"Hey!" she quickly called before I could end the call. "Are you almost here? We're all outside the police station," she informed.

"I'm actually parking the car right now," I answered. Good thing that the police station was right at the town's entrance. Otherwise, it would've taken longer to arrive.

"I see you. Hurry up, I think Miss Jauregui is coming out," she rushed. Holy shit, I immediately parked the car and jogged to Dinah. Other cars were driving by, which kept interrupting my running. Why did they have to drive when I was running, hmm? "Come here boo," she waved me over. Well I was trying to reach her, but these stupid cars kept on passing by. Were they intentionally trying to ran me over? Was Vero in every single one of those cars?

"Hold on," on the first opportunity, I sprinted to the other side of the sidewalk. Finally, I was able to jog to Dinah, without any problems. When I reached her, I saw the other students who were supporting Lauren. Wow, there were a lot of them. Of course, they were all sitting on the ground now, with their signs. The march must have exhausted them. "How long have you guys been here?" I thought out loud.

"Like five hours," she answered. My eyes widened. "Well not really, we left when they told us that Miss Jauregui was gonna be released, but then came back right now," she explained. Okay, that made sense.

Either way, I appreciated what they were doing. Especially for what Dinah was doing. She actually let me borrow money to stay in a motel, out of town of course. If it wasn't for her, I would've had to sleep in my car. Dinah was a true friend, unlike Vero.