Chapter 29

Weirdly enough this is the longest chapter, I've ever written. Ha! It's mostly about Aubrey's sister, and less abotut Blaze and Sage. Not too proud about this chapter, but hey you all asked for it, here ya go. Comment and Vote!!!

Don't even touch me my hands are cold as ice
And as a toy soldier in my life
Have nothing left to give and all this fighting hurts
The more I yell at you the less you seem to learn
No, no, no, no, no

I take it back all I've ever said
All the things I never really meant
Take me back I want my toy soldier

Artist: Charlotte Sometimes

Song: Toy Soldiers

A poison victim, look of steel
The coldest heart you've ever felt
The coldest hands you've ever held
Take him down, all his way
A million miles, still no headway
Has his love truly blown?
In his mind I'm proud to roam

Artist: Lianne La Havas, Song:Elusive

Sage’s Pov.

Christmas was now over and Blaze was as normal as he could be with a couple smiles thrown in there. He did as his father said and went into the office the next day, but I didn’t complain. I knew that it’s what he had to do, but there had to be a reason why he was so compliant. His dad had something over his head preventing him from saying no and I was going to figure out what.

Well anyway, Christmas was just an overall fun day. My gift for Blaze was simple, what could you get for someone who was rich? Nothing that costs money. So I did something from the heart. I put together a scrap book of the couple pictures that I had over the couple months. I’m glad I planned this out beforehand. It was only 10 pictures but they meant a lot.

There was one I secretly snapped using a lowlight camera, of Blaze laughing with The Sitter on the screen; another was of Aubrey and Zac arguing with a laughing Mark in the background. There was another with Lana and me, smiling at each other with all teeth in front of the Colton building, another picture was of Blaze working in his office, there were some more random ones of his friends, my family, and his. But the last one is the one Blaze stared at the longest.  It was the Christmas pictures we took as a group with him staring down at me with a smile on his face.

His face twitch but he didn’t smile, but I didn’t take that as a bad sign. He just hugged me not saying a word, and to me that hug was more than words. It was longer than his usual hugs; we sat there for like 6 minutes.

It was now a days before New Year’s Eve and I was waiting for Blaze to get home so I could tell him about the party we should go to.

He came in at about 5:00 pm, and walked right pass me into the bedroom, and honestly that could mean anything so I decided to just leave him. After about thirty minutes later he walked out in a t-shirt and basketball shorts, so I assumed he took a shower. He plopped on the couch next to me and sighed. I opened my mouth to speak but he silenced me with his hand coming up and making a ‘one minute’ sign.

“I’m going to need you to pack a bag. No we can’t go to any New Year’s parties here. We’re on the first flight to New York to set up some arrangements with the branches there.”

I slapped his hand down from in front of my place, and frowned a bit. “Okay, well can you at least take me out once in New York?” I pouted a little for effect. He thought about it for a second and hesitated to say something but I guess I’ll never know what he was going to say.