63. She is pregnant!!

"So tell me kids, what actually happened?" Kanchi bhabhi asked us, as she served us food, rice, dal and pickles.

We all were now sitting on the floor, all tidied and clean. The water was very chill and it made me wonder how Dhruvika had managed to take bath in here. But the water helped a lot to calm my nerves.

I wasn't wearing a shirt, but had a towel around my shoulders, just like Prabhu Sir. Dhruvika was now wearing my clothes, well ,my shirt and a skirt Bhabhi gave, as Bhabhi only had saree and Dhruvika wasn't comfortable to sleep in it.

"Kanchi... Come on.. They must be trying to forget all of it. Don't ask that. Let them eat in peace." Prabhu sir said, much to our rescue. We both smiled at the old couple.

"Acchchaa.. fine.. So tell me which month are you in now?" She asked Dhruvika, who looked confused.

Shitt!! She doesn't know she is pregnant.

"Hmm... September?" She said, and we all laughed. Not getting any idea of what was going on, she looked at me questioning whether they were crazy.

"Haha.. Jaan, I told them that you were pregnant. You know it isn't something we should be hiding from them.." I said sheepishly, and her mouth widened, her eyes bulging.

"Come on.. Don't scold him. He was just taking care of you. And there is no harm in letting us know. We will take care of you. So tell me, which month are you in now?" Bhabhi asked again, and Dhruvika looked at me once again.

If eyes could kill, Then I would be dead by now!

I gulped down the food without chewing it, and muttered. "Second Month!!" I said coughing, and Dhruvika took the jar of water giving it to me, as she started to beat my head more hardly than was necessary.

"It's okay Jaan.. I'm fine now." I said as I removed her hand off my head. She stared at me angrily before going back to her place on the floor.

The couple were looking at us in awe. Probably thinking what a cute couple we were, only if they knew!

"So.. how long have you been married?" She asked again, but this time I was ready.

"Three months." I said grinning, while Dhruvika was trying her best to avoid their eyes.

"How lovely... Anyway it was a great decision of yours to not delay pregnancy. When we married, we practically had nothing, so we delayed our pregnancy. But after a few years when we settled and wished for a kid, nothing happened. That is what happens when you try to act against the nature. We are now married for 28 years, but we have no kids." She said, her eyes watering, and I felt sorry for them.

"Oh.. What is this Kanchi.. Instead of making them happy, why are you making them cry? Well anyway, beti are you stopping with this, or you want more kids?" Prabhu Sir asked, and this time it was Dhruvika's time to choke on her food.

Laughing, I took the same jar and gave her water, tapping her gently on the head. She looked at me angrily, but it just made me laugh more.

"I want four, but she says she just wants two, right Jaan?" I asked her, and her cheeks grew red, and she pulled off the hair from behind her ears, hiding her face behind it.

We all laughed at it, except for Dhruvika who continued to hide our face from us.

"So, a boy or a girl? Whom are you expecting?" Bhabhi asked, her eyes twinkling.

"Haha, lady it's too early to determine the sex." Prabhu Sir said, as he took the jar of water and drank.

"I want a girl first.." I said, smiling. Dhruvika's eyes immediately found mine, but only for a millisecond before she again hid her face, her smile now replaced by some other emotion I couldn't sense.